Skip navigation

1649 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: May 2, 2012 6:29 PM by Hikergirl RSS
veggiemama082009 Rookie 2 posts since
Oct 25, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 28, 2010 11:12 AM

I am vegetarian

I have been a lacto/ovo vegetarian since 1995. Any others out there? Is there a moderator that can correct the spelling of this community's name? I cringed before posting here because of the spelling and lack of activity on here. I know you are out there! Come on, healthy people.

Starting C25K 10/26/10

• JenniWilson0 Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 14, 2011
    1. Mar 14, 2011 3:21 PM (in response to veggiemama082009)
    Re: I am vegetarian

Hi there.  I realize this is a very late reply, but I just stumbled upon your post.  I've been a lacto/ovo vegetarian for a little over 7 months now (since Aug 2nd).  While I'm still fairly new at this, I'm having a lot of fun trying new recipes and learning that eating healthfully doesn't have to be awful like many people would have you believe.  In fact, I've even managed to get my carnivore friends to admit that a lot of my veggie meals are delicious! 

Anyway, if you want to share recipes or just chat about your experiences in general, I'll be around.

• lsmedema Rookie 3 posts since
    Oct 3, 2011
    2. Apr 19, 2012 7:36 AM (in response to veggiemama082009)
    I am vegetarian

Oh, pick me! 

I'm new to running and new to vegetarian.  I started running in January of this year - I never realized how fantastic running outside in the winter can be!  Around the same time I started looking into changing my eating habits.  First I eliminated processed foods and then realize that meat just isn't as healthy for me as people say.  I am not a strict vegetarian - we have dinner every two weeks with my in-laws who regularly eat meat.  But I do no prepare it on my own or order it at a resturant.  I haven't cut out dairy or eggs just yet - and I'm not sure I will.  For me it's been a matter of listening to what my body needs. 

The name on this community is killing me though! 

• Hikergirl Rookie 5 posts since
    Sep 9, 2007
    3. May 2, 2012 6:29 PM (in response to veggiemama082009)
    I am vegetarian

I am becoming quite interested in eating more like a vegetarian after watching the movie, "Forks Over Knives."  I am interested in making some easy, yet tasty veg dishes.  I'll take any suggestions you can give me.  I do quite a bit of running/hiking/biking and want to make sure that my muscles will not suffer from any lack of protein in the process of completely cutting out meats.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points