Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2448 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2010 1:01 PM by thedevotedrunner RSS
thedevotedrunner Legend 439 posts since
Jul 7, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 29, 2010 8:39 AM

Turn off Email

Anybody know how to turn off email notifications for posts??? It's driving me Maaaaaaddddd!!

Edit: Never mind.  Found it.

Running the straight and narrow,

St3ven

"Run because you love it. If you don't, learn to love it. Running will bring things into your life that you could never imagine." - Scott Jurek, Star of "Born To Run"

The Surgeon General has determined it is OK to smoke your opponent!

Flollow me on twitter

• dwm082 Community Moderator 1,063 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    1. Oct 29, 2010 6:48 PM (in response to thedevotedrunner)
    Re: Turn off Email

Just in case anybody else is wondering the same thing: http://community.active.com/docs/DOC-1946

Don

2012 Race Schedule

Providence Marathon (4:48:55)

Buffalo Half-Marathon (2:03:16)

Chicago Marathon (October 7)

• donnamacd Pro 120 posts since
    Nov 4, 2007
    3. Oct 30, 2010 6:47 AM (in response to thedevotedrunner)

After you log in, in the upper right hand section you'll see your name followed by "My Active" and "Log out".  Click on "my active", and after it loads you'll see a row of tabs.  Click on the one that says "email notifications".  After that loads there will be a list of subjects that you have answered.  Put a check mark in the box next to each one you don't want, then at the bottom of the list it says something like "...delete checked items".  Then it tells you that you have no notifications coming.

EDIT:  Just noticed a column on the right of the original post that is titled "Actions".  If it says, "Stop email notifications", click on it.  If it says, "Receive email notifications" you will continue to get the email notifications.

"You can't plow a field by turning it over in your mind." ...and you can't train for a race by thinking about it - you have to put in the miles.

• dwm082 Community Moderator 1,063 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    4. Oct 30, 2010 7:35 AM (in response to thedevotedrunner)

Okay -- Here's another strategy to try out:

1) Log in

2) Click on the folder-looking thing called "Your Stuff" (on the upper-left of your screen)

3) Click on "Preferences"

4) Check the "No" radio button next to "Always subscribe via email to threads I reply to:" and "Always subscribe via email to threads I create:"

You should get virtually no email after that. You will still be notified of private messages and such, but you won't get an e-mail every time someone posts to a thread in which you've participated.

Don

2012 Race Schedule

Providence Marathon (4:48:55)

Buffalo Half-Marathon (2:03:16)

Chicago Marathon (October 7)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...