Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

3775 Views 70 Replies Latest reply: Dec 2, 2007 7:10 PM by Leggova Go to original post 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next
  • BonitaApplebum Rookie 298 posts since
    Aug 14, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    60. Dec 1, 2007 5:57 PM (in response to Leggova)
    Re: i just....

Really, really nice! Congrats!!!

:: Bonita

• maryk071 Rookie 164 posts since
    Dec 5, 2002
    61. Dec 1, 2007 5:59 PM (in response to Leggova)

Love it! I'm a sucker for hilltop views.

• wannab001 Rookie 145 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    62. Dec 1, 2007 6:03 PM (in response to Leggova)

quote:

Originally posted by Iontach:

It would drive me to murder if it opened on the right. Really.

When we moved into our house the existing fridg was hinged on the right so it opened right into/against the wall away from the kitchen.
    That lasted about 18 hours.

I don't know why people tolerate such an inconvenience that is so easily fixable!

• jcumming Amateur 704 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    63. Dec 1, 2007 6:29 PM (in response to Leggova)

quote:

Originally posted by Leggova:

I could not afford to buy a property on HK Island....well...I probably could but would have to make insane mortgage payments to live in a noisy box.

Where was the place? Do you remember?

It's been over 30 years so my memory fades, but It was a ten unit building on HK Island, not too far from a tram to the Peak.
    I did know that in 1972 it could have been bought for less than what 2 years worth of rent was in the mid 80's. TD Bank didn't really want to be property holders.

I used to live in the Astor Hotel which I'm sure has been torn down or rebuilt as it wasn't much of a place even back then. It was handy for getting to the old airport at Kai Tak, but not quite so handy for where I spent most of my time at Happy Valley...which, for all you folks who haven't been there is a racetrack, not a brothel.    )

I would imagine that HKG is totally unrecognizable to me now. I do need to begin venturing firther afield again.

• anaphase081 Rookie 56 posts since
    Nov 4, 2002
    65. Dec 1, 2007 6:44 PM (in response to Leggova)

It's so nice! Congratulations!!!

• Iontach Rookie 1,340 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    66. Dec 1, 2007 6:50 PM (in response to Leggova)

quote:

Originally posted by Leggova:

Well you are always welcome at my new flat!

And he can do his tri training on the roof!  Splendid!

• jcumming Amateur 704 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    67. Dec 1, 2007 6:54 PM (in response to Leggova)

quote:

Originally posted by Iontach:

And he can do his tri training on the roof! Splendid!

Well thanks for the invite. It really does look like a very cool place.

I'd miss the old airport though...nothing like sitting in the flight deck of a 747 and realizing they are lining up with a checkerboard painted on some rocks. Yikes!!

• sushik Rookie 71 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    69. Dec 1, 2007 7:13 PM (in response to Leggova)

The absolute best cup of coffee I've had in the world was in the Park Lane Hotel in Hong Kong.

And even better, an Australian rugby team was staying in the same hotel at the time.

My work colleague and I rushed to meet in the lobby one afternoon after our morning sightseeing tour ran very late - to our horror, we were both wearing almost the exact same navy blue linen suits with white shirts .  People thought we were Japan Air Lines flight attendants late for work.

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...