Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

2029 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2010 5:25 AM by 44Dodgers
44Dodgers Pro 175 posts since
May 11, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 4, 2010 12:32 AM

The ABL

Well I found the WS a bit of a fizzer personally to be honest. As an LA Dodger fan I found myself cheering for Texas with some family ties there... but O well.    What is more exciting for me is that the ABL will start in 2 Days. http://www.theabl.com.au/?page=66051   I wish I could attend the opening game in Sydney 6th Nov., ... alas not. But I will be at the 1st Home game the week after for my Team in Brisbane. the MILB.Com site lists all the ABL players so I assume their stats will be online once the season starts. EDITED to add. Just today, a few decent players from the Japanese Majors arrived that will be on the Roster http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/japanese-imports-arrive-for-brisbane-bandits-ahead-of-australian-baseball-league-season/story-e6frep5o-1225947871804     FRANK! I know you will join me as a Brisbane Bandits fan downunder.. ( haha.. no Pressure mate...)

• BlueBeak Legend 300 posts since
    Nov 26, 2002
    2. Nov 8, 2010 3:06 PM (in response to 44Dodgers)
    Re: The ABL

Fizzer? OK, I looked it up and I found:

. slang ( Austral ) a person or thing that disappoints,

So I will say "Jolly Good Show, Giants". Oh wait that's English or Welsh, not Aussie. Sorry.

Time wounds all heels.....

• Frank_B Legend 1,324 posts since
    May 30, 2007
    4. Nov 13, 2010 2:24 PM (in response to 44Dodgers)
    Re: The ABL

I'm here, in Boston, "with you" and the Bandits Glen.

[took me awhile, with lots of help from BlerBeak/Tim, to manage the minimal knowledge to engage this new format. Trying to work the refinements now]

Don't see much in the Boston media re the ABL....depending on your input here on these boards

BTW--indulge me, -an aside.

Aussie Remembrance Day---[Nov. 11]--as it is in all British Commonwealth Nations]--as our Veterans Day.

I have not forgotten those Aussie "Diggers" who served so well in Korea--and specifically two of my Aussie friends/buddies  who made the Supreme Sacrifice in 1952.

Frank!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...