Skip navigation

1730 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2010 2:31 PM by ortega24 RSS
Natalie Meconi Rookie 4 posts since
Oct 19, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 11, 2010 1:00 PM

Has anyone ever tried the "Eat Clean" approach to Weight Loss?

In my opinion, and as others have stated, weight loss programs like Jenny Craig and NutriSystem are not the answer. You need to revamp your diet, track your diet for a week, see what you are eating and drinking throughout the day, and make positive changes to your diet. What positive changes? Eat "clean". Anything that you can eat as is without processing is perfect! Fruits, veggies, water, legumes, lean animal protein, and nuts and seeds (eat nuts and seeds in moderation - no more than 1/4 cup per day!). Avoid processed foods! No fast food, take out, processed energy or meal replacement bars, microwaveable meals, soda (diet or regular!), moderate consumption of alcohol, high sugar or added sugar foods, anything with a long list of ingredients that aren't natural and you can't understand. Weight loss programs pack their microwaveable meals with additives and such and this is why I don't recommend them to any client of mine.

Like I said, eating "clean" is the best way to go. Avoid junk foods and processed foods. Eat lots and lots of fruits and veggies and lean proteins. Avoid processed carbs like breads, pastas, cereals because these are usually high in sugar and/or will spike those insulin levels which is what you want to avoid.

A great site to help you with your weight loss goals, nutritional support, and offers free exercise videos is http://www.rawfitnessnow.com and there is also a blog that has 30 Day Challenges for its subscribers (all for free) http://rawfitnessblog.customizedpt.com

Hope this helps!

• jmswlsn77 Rookie 3 posts since
    Nov 14, 2010

I have been researching and reading, and I am ready to start Eat clean lifestyle. I only hope that his book is not as glitzy and commercial -- the cover seems to be saying, ‘As seen on TV!’ and I hate photos of the author tries to cheese as he is posing for Pla*boy. But what I like the second book (Eat Clean Diet rechargeable), it clearly states the meal plans, and - hallelujah! -- Shopping List. And the recipes are all so common sense, the stuff on my Eat Clean like a man eats. Weight Loss Tips

Mens Health

• Anthony5450 Amateur 25 posts since
    Nov 17, 2010

The basics in the "eat clean" diet approach are very similar to what's advertised in the six pack abs workout routine - a focus on real food (no processed crap) and low sugar fuel that helps to burn fat so you can get ripped abs. People are rebranding it different ways, but the bottom line is that it works.

Sprint Triathlon Training Program

• ortega24 Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 11, 2010

Although difficult to adjust to, I've done the eat clean approach with great success!

I've always been a very athletic person but my body was never the neck breaking "oh my God, he's so ripped" kind.  I'll have to admit, I've always wanted that.

So I decided to force myself to eat clean and man was it difficult!  I equate it to the difficulty in drinking 8 glasses of water a day when all you know is coffee and soda.  You know you're supposed to drink the water but the sugar laden drink tastes so much better than the plain old water!  I was the same and eventually forced my self to always drink water and surprisingly enough, today I prefer water over anything else...

Since I was able to do this with water, I knew I could do it with food.  Any time I got hungry, I reminded myself a million times in my head "go healthy".  I wanted desperately to know how to get rid of love handles that were bulging at my sides and this proved to be the trick!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...