Skip navigation

2111 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 2, 2010 8:18 AM by NathanQ
mikeyactive Community Moderator 27 posts since
May 30, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 29, 2010 10:30 AM

Winter Baseball Camps

Just because the temperature is dropping doesn't mean you can't sharpen  your skills. Here are seven great camps to take your baseball IQ to the  next level.

• Rich_Ives Legend 1,283 posts since
    May 25, 2007
    1. Dec 1, 2010 11:40 AM (in response to mikeyactive)
    Re: Winter Baseball Camps

OR

You could go play another sport, teach yourself some additional physical skills (some of which would help in baseball) and avoid the overuse problems the medics are warning about.

• TG. Legend 954 posts since
    Jul 25, 2007
    2. Dec 1, 2010 7:31 PM (in response to mikeyactive)

Since this site is geared to the preteen player I would say these camps are a waste of money. You will get little or no individual attention. All you would be doing is helping finance their preconference road trip.

• NathanQ Legend 378 posts since
    Nov 12, 2008
    3. Dec 2, 2010 8:18 AM (in response to TG.)

Disagree, mostly.  The best winter camps around here are run by the local JC, where the coach is great and runs a very successful program.  My kids have taken his summer camp a couple times, and he has most of his  team working the camp, so the kids are getting a lot of individual instruction, and the JC players are getting a good taste of their most likely future role in baseball. As for being a waste of money - no way.  Camps are usually tax deductible daycare that is less expensive than other daycare options.

That said, I wouldn't have my player doing a winter camp. Nobody in my house has picked up a baseball since mid-October and they won't be throwing until mid-January.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...