The 2011 GYSA registration has opened!!! Don't miss out on the chance to face other local travel teams in early spring! This is a great chance for new & older teams alike to knock off the winter rust and prepare for tournaments,etc. This year we have several changes. I think they will help make the GYSA league more competitive & convenient for all.
1. The 1st change is for the 2011 season, GYSA will allow coaches to schedule games ANY day of the week (including Saturdays & Sunday). Of course opposing coaches must agree to all scheduled dates. Over the past few seasons we have had alot of teams decline to play because of games running to late on school nights. We have had alot of request to allow games or even double headers on weekend kinda like the Gwinnett MS league) NO SUNDAY games would be allowed to begin prior to 1pm - We hope this will help & bring more teams into our league! The more the merrier!
2. Also we have changed our divisions a bit...In 2011 GYSA will offer play in the following divisions:
8U - (7 or 8 yrs old as of Jan. 1, 2011)
10U -(9 or 10 yrs old as of Jan. 1, 2011)
12U -(11 or 12 yrs old as of Jan. 1, 2011)
3. Another change we are going to try this coming season is to offer neighboring counties to come and play some games with the GYSA league. As with scheduling any league games - our Gwinnett county coaches would have to agree on the location of the games if outside of Gwinnett County.
If you have a team in one of the following counties.....Walton, North Fulton, Hall, Forsyth, or Dekalb and you would be interested in coming to Gwinnett to play some GYSA fastpitch league games with us or if you want to get more details...please contact us asap for more information.
4. The last thing is our GYSA Invitational Format...Every season we have requests to change our 3 game wrap tournament format. The GYSA board has thought about it & would like to know what all our coaches think. On the GYSA website at www.eteamz.com/GYSA we have a survey on the home page. If you want to give your opinion on the issue please do so no later than Jan. 31, 2011. We will consider the votes and the number of teams & field space available to us & try to make the majority happy!!!
Also any suggestions, complaints, or comments can be left on our guest book at: http://www.eteamz.com/GYSA/guestbook.cfm
If you wish to register your team for GYSA:
*REGISTRATION DEADLINE FOR GWINNETT CO. TEAMS IS JAN. 18TH 2011 & JAN. 8TH 2011 FOR NON-GWINNETT TEAMS*
1. Email us your team's name, coach's name, cell, & email address, your age division, & your home park to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Pay registration fee...Reg. fee per team is $45 / $70 (out-of-county teams) no later the Jan. 18, 2011
(unless other arrangements have been made with GYSA (make checks payable to GYSA)
3. Attend the GYSA schedule meeting on January 22, 2011 @ 2856 Buford Hwy, Duluth, Ga. 30096 - All times by division are listed below:
8U - 9:30am
12U - 11:30am
14U - 1:00pm
HS (16/18U) - 2:15pm
(All teams must schedule 5 home games & 5 away games in Gwinnett county, unless other arrangements are made with opposing coach and/or GYSA)
Be sure to check us out at www.eteamz.com/GYSA for updates, changes, & schedules, tournament info, etc.
If you have further questions please feel free to contact us!
Christy Hays - GYSA President
**FYI - ALL GYSA BOARD POSITIONS FOR THE 2012 SEASON ARE BACK UP FOR ELECTIONS IN DECEMBER 2011 ~ THE TERMS FOR GYSA OFFICERS ARE 2 YEARS**
*Nominations can be made at www.eteamz.com/GYSA*
(nomination form is at bottom of homepage)