Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

836 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 17, 2010 1:09 PM by Basscycle
justinmc28 Rookie 2 posts since
Dec 17, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 17, 2010 12:00 PM

New to running ... having some issues

I started C25K two weeks ago ... I've never been much of a runner but I'm actually really enjoying the program. Before that, I'd always done elliptical and cycling, stuff like that -- very low impact. The program so far hasn't been too challenging, aerobically. I do get my heart rate up into a good zone for a while, but, my shins, especially my right one -- hurt a good bit while I'm jogging. It goes away pretty quickly during the walking phase, but the shin pain is why I've always stopped running when I tried to before. I live with a doctor -- and he says more stretching will help, but I'm not sure it is. I'm also having some heal pain, again, that goes away once I start running. Any tips or advice on how to make this better? I imagine it could be a whole range of things causing it. Maybe I've got bad form? I've always had sort of a roll step when I walk.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points