Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

23609 Views 46 Replies Latest reply: Feb 10, 2012 7:39 PM by CKLindsay Go to original post 1 2 3 4 Previous Next
  • abbynormaloh75 Pro 111 posts since
    Sep 19, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    45. Nov 17, 2011 10:58 PM (in response to Golden Tips)
    I must be the slowest penguin ever.

its funny to read my last post.  this week i ran 5 miles and I ran the entire 5 miles.  of course my 5k time was still only 45 minutes but that is 10 minutes faster in just a MONTH.  i can't complain.

• CKLindsay Expert 49 posts since
    Mar 3, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    46. Feb 10, 2012 7:39 PM (in response to d74323c)
    I must be the slowest penguin ever.

Ha! I decided to race last year with almost no prep and thought because I had done a little training MONTHS beforehand, I'd be fine. I finished with a 14:08 pace. And a 69 year old beat me. I was still happy and proud to have made it. I'm also happy there are others out there like me. I don't think I'll ever be able to RUN a whole mile, I'm in more of the run/walk catagory. I just love reading about others who are going out and running and not worrying about looking like they are crawling. Just going out there and actually accomplishing something makes me smile! and I'm glad there are others out there having just as much fun as me!

2013 Races:

the 8 Tuff Miles, St. John, USVI Feb 23 1:49:16 (PR)

Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon Edinburgh April

Rock 'n' Roll Half Philly, PA Sept

2012 Races:

The 8 Tuff Miles, St. John, USVI Feb 25: 1:51:45

Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon, Philly, PA Sept 16 2:46:05 (PR)

Completed Race:

2011 The 8 Tuff Miles, St. John, USVI 1:58:25

1 2 3 4 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...