Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

49084 Views 324 Replies Latest reply: Mar 15, 2011 11:58 AM by Debbie215 RSS Go to original post 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 Previous Next
  • snrupp Amateur 33 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    315. Feb 25, 2011 8:15 AM (in response to ShutterHappy)
    Re: Starting C25K 1/1/11! Who wants to join me?

Hi!

Anyone mind if I join in? I started 1/4/11 and am on Week 5 Day 3.

I've been off for 2 weeks with a sinus infection an haven't been able to get past a 3 minute run without feeling like my head will implode. Hoping to get back Tuesday!

My name is Sheila and I'm a 28 year old freelance journalist and SAHM. I started C25K Nov 09 but never got past W5D2. This time around I've been able to complete all my runs the first try and feel like I'm smoking it! I've lost 11 pounds so far and am feeling great.

Not sure if I should jump right into W5D3 after being off sick, or if I should repeat a few days. What do you guys think?

C25k Running Plan

Week 1: COMPLETE!

Week 2: COMPLETE!

Week 3: COMPLETE!

Week 4: COMPLETE!

Week 5: IN PROGRESS

Week 6:

Week 7:

Week 8:

Week 9:

Planned Events:

Schriever AFB St. Patrick's Day Run

Alpine Autism Center Charity 5K April 16

• ChristiS Amateur 8 posts since
    Jan 5, 2011
    316. Feb 25, 2011 9:04 AM (in response to snrupp)

Hi Sheila!
    Welcome aboard!!
    I'm in the exact same boat you are in.
    Still waiting to do Week 5 Day 3 but a rotten cold and sinus infection have me on hold.

I'm thinking of doing Week 5 all over again. But part of me really wants to see if I could do that "big" run for Day 3. 

Christi

Couch 2 5K

Week 6, Day 1

Planned Events:

Prayers for Charlotte 5K - April 10

• Debbie215 Amateur 19 posts since
    Jan 15, 2011
    317. Feb 25, 2011 10:03 AM (in response to ChristiS)

Hi, Lorie. I am so excited you are running your first 5K this  weekend! I am so proud of you. You have to post here about your race. I  think you are right about mixing it up a little bit. I am getting bored.  The trainers at the gym also say to mix it up to keep your body  confused and it keeps burning calories.

I will keep you updated on the progress.

Snrupp, sure you can join. Keep working at it and don't push yourself too hard if you are sick. You don't want to keep pushing yourself backwards. I hope you feel better soon.

Debbie

• ShutterHappy Amateur 32 posts since
    May 30, 2007
    318. Feb 26, 2011 2:59 PM (in response to christiewa)

I did it!!! I ran the 5K this morning! It was freezing outside, and I hate the cold! But it wasn't bad at all once we got going!  It was so crowded...8,720 people were in it. It was hard as you had to keep dodging around people, but it was still SO ,much fun!! I did it in 29:20!!  Came across finish line smiling! My husband said I was sandbagging it, as I was smiling and had so much energy when it was over. But I was afraid as I didn't want to peter out. He was supposed to run it with me, but has been extremely sick this week. Almost hospitalized.... so my son and daughter started with me.

So happy... I had a blast!

C25K works!!

Here's a few pictures for proof!

Attachments:

Lorie

• JoTenHoven Amateur 9 posts since
    Oct 15, 2010
    319. Feb 26, 2011 6:37 PM (in response to ShutterHappy)

Yeah, Lorie - I'm so proud of you and you look great with that big smile! Good job . Here's to another success story!

• davanhove Amateur 11 posts since
    Jan 4, 2011
    320. Feb 26, 2011 8:08 PM (in response to ShutterHappy)

Hooray!!  Congratulations, Lorie!  You should be so proud!!  Thanks for the pics too.  It's fun to see your progress in action!  You did great!  Keep up the good work.  Shine on, Donna

Jan 15, 2011
    321. Feb 26, 2011 9:32 PM (in response to ShutterHappy)

Grear job, Lorie. I am sure you are beaming all over! You are such a great success story for us all. Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing.

Debbie

• CatPyn Expert 63 posts since
    Feb 21, 2011
    322. Feb 27, 2011 9:35 AM (in response to ChristiS)

I started the C25K on 01/03/11 and have just finished Week 5 today.  But I ran the 2 miles without walking in 22:45, not the fastest pace but I ran the 2 miles.  According to the program I should be on week 8 but if I felt I wasn't ready to move up I didn't.  I am 52 years old and a little over weight, but am feeling better than I have in a long time.  My goal is to run a 5K which I have already signed up for on June 25th.  I just want to finish the run not to worried about my time, so I am concentrating on the mileage goals during my runs.  If I get to the end of the program before my run date then I will work on improving time, but for now it is all about mileage for me.

Cathleen - Age 52

Started running 03 Jan 2011

Graduate C25K - 10 April 2011

First 5K - Mother's Day Run - May 8 - 38:44

Emilie's Run 5K- June 25

• ChristiS Amateur 8 posts since
    Jan 5, 2011
    323. Mar 8, 2011 9:05 AM (in response to CatPyn)

I did week 5, day 3 on Sunday. I had a sinus infection which derailed my training for a week or so.

I can't believe how much better running outside is!!!!!

My 5K is a month away. I need to start paying attention to how far I am running now so I can make sure I can do all 3.1 miles.

Couch 2 5K

Week 6, Day 1

Planned Events:

Prayers for Charlotte 5K - April 10

Jan 15, 2011
    324. Mar 15, 2011 11:58 AM (in response to ChristiS)

I finished the plan today! Thanks to everyone that offered me encouragement and company along the way. I ran outside for the first time on Saturday, I was hoping to complete it that day, but it is much harder running outside in the cold and on the road than on a treadmill. Even though I have completed my plan, I plan on keeping it up and taining outside too. I won't to continue on this journey that I started.

Congrats to all the people that completed the plan and for the ones still working on it, don't quit. You can do it.

Debbie

1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points