Skip navigation

19457 Views 182 Replies Latest reply: Aug 24, 2011 9:57 AM by Motown Tuner RSS 1 2 3 ... 13 Previous Next
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 1, 2011 12:24 PM

Crescent City Classic 10k Road Race Reviews

Share your experiences with the Crescent City Classic 10k Road Race below Back to event details page.

• itsmytime Amateur 32 posts since
    Apr 20, 2010
    1. Jan 1, 2011 12:24 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Crescent City Classic 10k Road Race Reviews

I love the flat scenic course! But the lack of bathrooms along the route make me very nervous on race day. Would love to see the CCC use D-Tags for every runner!

Completed- The Renaissance at Colony Park 5k June 12, 2010

Completed- Cresent City Classic 10k April 23, 2011

• lgillette Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 10, 2007
    2. Jan 30, 2011 12:18 PM (in response to Guest )

they charge you if you want to time yourself (5 bucks for a tag!).  it's still a cool race - point to point.  wish they'd go back to enforcing line up because i'm tired of running around slooooow walkers that don't get in the back.

• Jaboof11 Rookie 4 posts since
    Apr 18, 2010
    3. Feb 8, 2011 9:18 AM (in response to Guest )

eh ... no finisher medals, they dont enforce starting positions, and last year everybody got parking tickets at the finish line... its a great race with great turnouts but i think they should bring in some new organizers ... people with a little more vision.. but im still gonna run it.

• lalaruns Rookie 1 posts since
    Feb 26, 2010
    4. Mar 28, 2011 7:34 PM (in response to Guest )

I agree about the timing groups. My first mile took 13 minutes, bc my friends and I spent it weaving around walkers!  It was still a great race, and the after party was a blast.

lalaruns

• PQNOLA Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 21, 2011
    5. Apr 24, 2011 10:22 AM (in response to Guest )

Had a Blast.  Wish the Photographers you had payed better attention, most of them where looking down as I passed and even at the Finish.  Was my first race really counted on having the moment captured professionally.  See you next year!

• Mark Silva Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 29, 2009
    6. Apr 24, 2011 10:25 AM (in response to Guest )

Great run in an awesome city! Love NOLA! But, 1) running out of cups at water stations on a hot day; 2) running out of t-shirt sizes and ended up getting a shirt too big; and 3) no immediate water at the finish line compared to previous years are the negatives of this year.

I love the race but it needs better organizers.

• TRose10000 Rookie 2 posts since
    Apr 13, 2011
    7. Apr 24, 2011 10:26 AM (in response to Guest )

It was a fun party but not recommended for more serious runners. There were too many walkers starting in front of runners.  I was in the red group and listed a pretty low expected finish time yet spent the ENTIRE race trying to get around walkers.

• TRose10000 Rookie 2 posts since
    Apr 13, 2011
    8. Apr 24, 2011 10:26 AM (in response to Guest )

It was a fun party but not recommended for more serious runners. There were too many walkers starting in front of runners.  I was in the red group and listed a pretty low expected finish time yet spent the ENTIRE race trying to get around walkers.

• Roog Rookie 1 posts since
    Dec 12, 2008
    9. Apr 24, 2011 10:26 AM (in response to Guest )

The downside to this race is the lack of enforcement of the timed groups - too many walkers interspersed among the runners. Other than starting the walkers in a separate race, not sure how to avoid that. Twenty thousand plus runners in the narrow streets of the Quarter make for a long and difficult race start. I weaved through runners and walkers the first half of the race. Otherwise, an excellent course and an amazing after party!

• blakeyj Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 24, 2011
    10. Apr 24, 2011 10:31 AM (in response to Guest )

Had a great time, but the walkers really slowed me down, great afterparty though. Going to run it next year. Hopefully all the walkers will start last.

• jtalbe1 Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 20, 2011
    11. Apr 24, 2011 10:36 AM (in response to Guest )

More portalets at the start of the race!!!! Move the walkers ro the back. Someone is going to get hurt. I almost ran over 10 walkers yesterday. My first mile was really 1.5 miles bc of all the weaving around and stopping.

• Jenny Dalton Rookie 2 posts since
    Mar 29, 2010
    12. Apr 24, 2011 10:40 AM (in response to Guest )

Thank you for putting on a great race, and for asking for our input. It was an awesome race and I had a blast as usual, but I have the same suggestions for improvement that I had last year..

- I really wish walkers would be encouraged to stay to one side, I'm not a fast runner, but I spent most of the race trying to navigate around walkers and strollers. Perhaps having signs along the course asking walkers to stay to the left would be helpful

- PLEASE move the water station closer to the finish line - it was so frustrating to have to walk to so far for a water on a hot day.

- Having more water stops or making the existing water stops bigger would also be great - I passed up the first 2 stops because they were so crowded and overwhelmed.

- Please add more bathrooms at the start, each section of portolets had 100  people waiting. We waited in line so long that we started the race 15 minutes late.

I really think making these improvements would help everyone enjoy the race more.

Thanks again for asking.

• nolarunner25 Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 24, 2011
    13. Apr 24, 2011 10:43 AM (in response to Guest )

Paid parking at $20 a pop.  Starting a race at 0830 on a day in the 80's.  Weaving in and out of slower runners for the first two miles.  Poor organization and execution.  This was my first Classic and most likely my last.  To think, I had to request to get the day off work for this.

I am very disappointed with the entire event.

• ugagirl95 Rookie 2 posts since
    Apr 10, 2011
    14. Apr 24, 2011 10:45 AM (in response to Guest )

this was my first 10K and I loved it!!  all the people on the street with their hoses and well wishes made it sooo funn!!!!  great event...plan on doing it again next year!

1 2 3 ... 13 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...