What are your goals for the new year?
Having had a baby not too long ago, my goal is to get back to more active training early season and do a half iron in mid summer. Going to plan my season this week...
Triathlon Training - A Free Triathlon Training Community.
Big goal - Finish an Olympic distance triathlon in October.
- avoid walking in the running and tri events I have scheduled this year. Sometimes you have to, but it would be awesome if my conditioning had reached the point where I could run 10 K's and finish the runs in tri's with no danger of tiring to the point I need to walk.
- improve my time in the one tri that I did last year. Hard to compare sprint times from race to race, but as I'll be doing the same course, I really would like to see significant improvement.
- Get below 210 on the scale. I've already dropped from 245 to 225 in the last 4 months (down from 255 at the beginning of last year before starting triathlon training). I'm hoping to keep the trend moving in the right direction.
Good stuff! I always have a few speed/pace goals, but at the top of the list is always to be fit and healthy and to have a good time.
This year, I want to complete an Olympic tri under 3 hours, hit a bike pace of 20mph avg in a race, get a swim pace under 2minutes/100m in some race.
Girls Gone Tri, LLC
It's interesting you posted this topic because I was starting to think about and refine my 2011 goals. I try to categorize my goals into different areas. Unfortunately for triathlon and for many endurance sports, it's almost a given that performance is moderately dependent on environmental conditions, so I don't put too much pressure on myself to meet time goals. For me, I hope 2011 looks a bit like the list below. I figure if I can't accomplish #1, I don't have a shot at the others.
Goals for 2011:
1. PERSONAL GOAL: Stay healthy. No nagging injuries.
2. PERSONAL GOAL: Finish IMAZ
2a. Finish IMAZ upright
2b. Finish IMAZ upright and out of medical tent
2c. Finish IMAZ upright, out of medical tent and coherent enough to recognize family and friends
3. PERFORMANCE GOAL: Sub 5 hour 70.3
4. PERFORMANCE GOAL: Sub 3:30 marathon (this is a repeat and has been elusive)
Not to steal any of Chocolate Thunder's funny...thunder...., my goals in 2011 are:
1. To complete my first 70.3 in April at age 53 7/8 (a) within the allotted times and (b) without swearing that I will never, ever, under any circumstance do one of those again.
2. To run my first marathon in December, repeating (a) and (b) above.
3. To make my way to a podium in a sprint tri without waiting until I move up to the 55-60 category next year (I'm looking for sprint tris that have about 12 entrants for this one). If necessary,direct one of the the younger (age 51) entrants toward a wrong turn in the run portion.
4. To be able to do 10 guy push ups in row, with no cheating, and without using more than three curse words.
So....let's see how I do come December 31. Have a great year everyone!
ACTIVE is the leader in online event registrations from 5k running races and marathons to softball leagues and local events. ACTIVE also makes it easy to learn and prepare for all the things you love to do with expert resources, training plans and fitness calculators.