Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1252 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2011 8:08 AM by adk269
adk269 Amateur 15 posts since
Jan 4, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 4, 2011 8:02 PM

post c25k

i did felttip's version of the couch to 5k iphone app (http://felttip.com/c25k/) and completed it tonight.  while i work out regularly, it was really the first time i ever ran, and have really enjoyed it. now i'm ready to graduate to a new challenge and am trying to figure out the best way to head to 10k.  bluefin makes an app called bridge to 10k for those who have completed couch to 5k, but when i emailed felttip to ask if they had something similar, they suggested getting their own couch to 10k software and just starting at week 4 or 5.

when i looked at the workouts for the two different options they were completely different plans - any suggestions on which to use?

further - most of the runs i did for the c25k were on a treadmill as it's been freezing here.  how big of a shock is it going to be when i start running outside? can i assume my speed/endurance will be about the same in either terrain?

• Skiplady Pro 95 posts since
    Oct 17, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jan 5, 2011 7:36 AM (in response to adk269)
    Re: post c25k

I'm doing b210k.  I looked at one hour runner also, but I liked the format of the c25k and then a group started on here that was doing b210k, so I jumped in.  It's not a huge group, but I think we're all in the middle of week one.  You should jump in with us if you decide on that one!

On the tm/outside question, most people say you will run slower outside than inside.  And to set your treadmill with a slight incline to more closely mimic the outdoor feel.  I have been changing my incline throughout each workout from .5 to 2.  But i'm a wierdo, I can't go as fast on the tm as I do outside, even when the incline is low.  But no, don't expect it to feel the same.  I had to accept that when I changed terrains (and this includes from tm to concrete to track to dirt) each time I had new difficulties.  So each time I just went back to time.  Ran my times at whatever pace felt comfortable for the first 3/4's, and then pushed myself a little harder that last 1/4.

Stacey

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points