Skip navigation

3158 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 13, 2007 7:17 AM by Birdman Silver RSS
Yagi17 Amateur 29 posts since
Jul 9, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 11, 2006 5:48 PM

Needs input on bike helmets

Hello

I have become a proud owner of a bike.  I haven't ridden since dirt was invented,..I do know I need a helmet to save what brain cells that are left.

Suggestions?

I also notice that some have bills on them, and some have lots of room for air flow.....talk to me...

• ShalynG Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    1. Dec 12, 2006 8:29 PM (in response to Yagi17)
    Re: Needs input on bike helmets

Hi, congrats on your bike. I would definetly get a helmet w/ the visor to help out with sun and when flying downhill,deflects bugs. The more the vents, usually the more expensive, however there are exceptions. I have a Giro female specific helmet that has worked fine for me. Inexpensive comfy, has held up to a few nasty falls too. Try some on, and see which shapes you like best. Good luck!

• Birdman Silver Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    3. Jun 13, 2007 7:17 AM (in response to Yagi17)
    Re: Needs input on bike helmets

I was taught a saying, that makes alot of sense to me.

If you buy a $10 helmet, you have a $10 head.

I bought a Bell X-ray, it was about $100, is very light, very strong, with some of the largest vent openings I have seen.

Also Bell has a lifetime damage plan, if there is any damage suspected, send the helmet to Bell, and they will x-ray the helmet and inspect it for damage, if any is found, you can get a brand new replacement helmet for $25. Same brand and model, or an equivalent.

I'm on my second one, after smashing my first one, and they honored the guarantee quickly, and hassle free.

Giro is good, but after comparing the helmets side by side, you can't go wrong with the Bell.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...