Skip navigation

41733 Views 220 Replies Latest reply: Jun 15, 2011 10:06 AM by adanny14 RSS 1 2 3 ... 15 Previous Next
adanny14 Legend 590 posts since
May 20, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 25, 2011 5:38 PM

NBA Championship Pick

A little more than halfway done with the season. The Spurs of all teams have the best NBA record, something that you probably didn't prodict before the season began. So who do you choose? The Lakers for the 3-peat? The Celtics or the big 3 of the Heat? The Spurs with their veteran lineup? Or other teams like the Thunder of Mavs? Let me know! I say the Heat win the NBA Finals over the Lakers in 7 games.

• Legendary23 Pro 83 posts since
    Oct 5, 2010
    2. Feb 2, 2011 7:06 PM (in response to adanny14)
    Re: NBA Championship Pick

Miami Heat vs San Antonio Spurs.

Lebron will have his revenge on them for taking his one chance at a ring. I predict D wade to be MVP of finalsand Lebron MVP of the year.

• Had13 Expert 53 posts since
    Feb 4, 2011
    3. Feb 4, 2011 1:18 PM (in response to Legendary23)

Youre dillusional if you think miami can beat boston or a healthy chicago in a seven game series and Lebron has not been in the top 5 for the mvp race all year untill the last few weeks. His chances are pretty slim at taking mvp

• ClutchLegend33 Pro 99 posts since
    Feb 4, 2010
    4. Feb 5, 2011 9:24 AM (in response to Had13)

Thank you Had13. No post defense (or offense for that matter) and no point guard for the heat. They cannot guard the celtics or the magic underneath and u may be right about the healthy bulls. I've got Spurs over the Celtics in 7. The spurs are the most complete team and are at times unguardable. Ginobili for series MVP and Durantula for NBA MVP

Feb 4, 2011
    5. Feb 5, 2011 12:40 PM (in response to ClutchLegend33)

not only no post offense or defense but Lebron is known for being terrible in big playoff games. When the refs lay off the whistle which they tend to do in the playoffs lebron has a tough time.  He gets flustered easily by hard nose defenses such as boston and chicago especially when they can play extremely physical. Even though he's huge lebron tends to shy away from contact. kinda similar to the "jordan rules" in the late 80's early 90's

• Bulldogball123 Expert 42 posts since
    Dec 1, 2010
    6. Feb 5, 2011 1:03 PM (in response to adanny14)

i'd say the spurs are gonna beat boston in the finals because they are 40 and 8!! thats very impressive because they havent even used tim duncan.

• bballplayr24 Pro 81 posts since
    Jun 4, 2010
    7. Feb 5, 2011 1:17 PM (in response to adanny14)

im a lakers fan and i would want them to win the championship but if they dont turn around their record soon i dont think they will have a very good chance. i dont believe the miami heat willl make it to the finals even though everyone says there the dream team. i think san antinio might have a good chance but they are a little old. the celtics are doing pretty good but so are the bulls. it think it will be a pretty intense rest of the season. but i ahev to go with lakers and celtics in the finals again this year. not sure if the lakers are going to be able to pull it offf but they better tuen around soon. hopefully i have the lakers winnign in 7 games.

Jun 4, 2010
    9. Feb 5, 2011 1:37 PM (in response to adanny14)

thanks you too!

i think the heat might have a shot but they are a little inexperienced as a team. remember opening night celtics and heat? they have come a long way since that game but lately the "big 3" have had some injuries but they might just might have shot...and yes lebron has been playing well.

Jun 4, 2010
    11. Feb 5, 2011 1:51 PM (in response to adanny14)

yea i agree. i have no idea how people even could have argued the point lebron could have won a championship. he had non help what so ever. it would be him against whatever team they were playing...the ENTIRE season leading to the playoffs....im acctually suprised lebron made it to the playoffs by himself...considering how talented he is... you can t do everything by urself and thats why the cavs didnt work out

• Sofie04 Expert 53 posts since
    Feb 5, 2011
    12. Feb 5, 2011 2:06 PM (in response to adanny14)

What i want and what i think will happen are differnt. I want Mavs v. Bulls...but i'm guessing the Spurs beat the Celtics in the end.

Feb 4, 2011
    13. Feb 5, 2011 2:16 PM (in response to adanny14)

youre right the cavs are terrible right now but they are not as bad as their record shows.  They had a decent record before their loss to miami which sent them on a big time downward spiral.  Every team in the NBA is talented it takes a lot more than that to win games. Cleveland had the best record in the NBA 2 seasons in a row with Lebron and got destroyed in the playoffs. Swept in the finals by San Antonio, a series that was not even close. Nearly swept by Orlando the next year and then again destroyed again by Boston the year after that. In each series Lebron was less than impressive. It's just a fact he has not played well in the playoffs. Miami overall has way less talent than Cleveland had. Yes Wade is incredible but Bosh is over rated and has proved that this year and the rest of the team couldn't find a starting position anywhere else in the NBA.  You have to have a decent bench to do well in the playoffs.  I'm not saying they don't have a chance but It's extremely unlikely especially how well Boston and Chicago are playing and Miami has yet to beat either of those teams.

• EPE09 Legend 508 posts since
    Dec 28, 2009
    14. Feb 5, 2011 3:31 PM (in response to adanny14)

What's up? Well in my opinion, the season is about half way through but anything could happen. So, I'm not really sure. But, I wouldn't be surprised if the aged and intelligent Celtics or Spurs won...

1 2 3 ... 15 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points