Skip navigation

43634 Views 220 Replies Latest reply: Jun 15, 2011 10:06 AM by adanny14 Go to original post 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 Previous Next
  • Had13 Expert 53 posts since
    Feb 4, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    167. Apr 29, 2011 10:41 AM (in response to adanny14)
    Re: NBA Championship Pick

The Celtics were held to a season low by the Heat only because they had so many injuries and were clearly not even in the game from the beginning. That game pretty much meant nothing.  The Heat have a terrible winning % in close games and in games against teams over .500. That doesn't show much promise for a deep playoff run.  They have yet to beat Chicago and beat Boston once where Boston's starters didn't play full min. Shaq was out and Rondo was playing injured. How can you possibly think they have any shot?  Even if by some miracle they make it to the finals do you honestly think they have a shot against teams that are much longer and a lot more deep like Okc or L.A.? Against both of those teams the heat have advantage at one or two positions in the starting rotation and are dominated at every other position including the bench.  They can't guard Bynum Oden Gasoul Durant Westbrook Perkins.  Both those teams will destroy Miami ont he boards.  If Miami makes it to the finals they will lose in a sweep or in 5 if they are lucky.  As far as Chicago struggling against Indiana it means nothing as far as the rest of the playoffs go. Celtics barely escaped the first round 2 years in a row winning close game 7's and won the title one year and lost to L.A. the next in the finals.  It's not about how you win games just that you win them.  The Pacers were a physical team who pushed Chicago around on both ends of the floor which Chicago is not used to. The Pacers played much more physical than Miami or Boston can.  The Bulls will probably have an easier second round than first round this year just because of matchups with Atlanta. Especially if Kirk doesn't play because of the hamstring.  I'm kinda rooting for a Boston Chicago easter Finals because they had one of the most incredible playoff series ever a few years back. It would be great to see that again.

• Sofie04 Expert 53 posts since
    Feb 5, 2011
    168. Apr 29, 2011 2:19 PM (in response to Had13)

Noah's a great player, also the funniest and one of the nicest (on the bulls) but Noah only played 48 games and the Bulls won 62...(22-8 without him) so i'm not sure he's as important as Rose or Deng...beause i definatly agree with all the other stuff you said. But i am i bulls fan so that's kinda biased.

• jBRO25 Amateur 23 posts since
    Feb 8, 2011
    169. Apr 29, 2011 4:47 PM (in response to Sofie04)

Hate to be writing a question on another question, but can anyone tell me what the knicks need? I think its Chris Paul, but @ this point we need someone. Melo obviously aint enough cause we were swept by cetics.

• andrewwade Rookie 2 posts since
    Apr 29, 2011
    171. Apr 29, 2011 10:41 PM (in response to adanny14)

THE 2011 SEASON IS ALMOST OVER AND THE NBA PLAYOFFS IS NEARLY OVER TWO
    SO I THINK ITS TIME TO PICK OUR NBA FINALS MVP AND CHAMPIONS
    I PICK THE MIAMI HEATZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

• 23AirJordan Legend 607 posts since
    Mar 20, 2011
    172. Apr 30, 2011 9:33 AM (in response to adanny14)

The Celtics still won the season series and were down with injuries. I hate the Celtics and the Heat but I'd much rather see the Celtics win and they will.

"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."-Michael Jordan

• jBRO25 Amateur 23 posts since
    Feb 8, 2011
    173. Apr 30, 2011 10:49 AM (in response to 23AirJordan)

Dunno bout dat LeBrons pretty beast and DWade is great really depends on if heat can shut down Rondo's passing and Ray Allen's 3s. Bosh has gotta kick butt too.

• 23AirJordan Legend 607 posts since
    Mar 20, 2011
    174. May 1, 2011 6:26 AM (in response to jBRO25)

Bosh can't kick butt. The Celtics will have a big 5 when shaq gets back unlike the heats big 2. Bulls Celtics Eastern Conference Finals.

"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."-Michael Jordan

• anfernee24 Rookie 3 posts since
    May 1, 2011
    176. May 1, 2011 9:20 AM (in response to adanny14)

Really all the teams in the nba are great. Every roster has a go to guy that they give the ball to in late game situations. Ex. Thunder Kevin Durant and Russel Westbrook, Grizzlies Zack Randolf, Celtics Ray Allen and Rajon Raondo, Heat Lebron James Dwayne Wade, Lakers Kobe Bryant Pau Gasol, Magic Jameer Nelson Dwight Howard, Bulls Derrick Rose Luol Deng, Rockets Trevor Ariza and Louis Scola (Injured Yau Ming), Knicks Amare' Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony, Sun Steve Nash and Channing Frye, and etc. With all of these great players it hard to tell who's going to win in all, but i pick the Lakers 3-peat over the Miami heat in game 7. I also think that the heat will defeat the celtics in the eastern conference finals in 7 games.

• anfernee24 Rookie 3 posts since
    May 1, 2011
    177. May 1, 2011 9:27 AM (in response to Had13)

I don't agree the heat are a great team and even though they have a tough time executing in close games they have showed trhat they are a force to be reckoned with. If they do make it to the finals it will NOT be a sweep beacause either Lebron James DWade or Chris Bosh will take over. It will be a close series.

• Had13 Expert 53 posts since
    Feb 4, 2011
    178. May 1, 2011 10:08 AM (in response to anfernee24)

Saying they don't execute in close games is an understatement. They are terrible in close games.  With 10 sec or less on the clock in regulation or over time the heat are 1/18.  They are the worst close out team in the NBA.  Just because you have two big names doesn't mean they are just automaticaly going to win a title. They have proven over and over and over and over they can't compete with elite teams how is that all the sudden going to change when they are out matched at almost every position?  Not only that Lebron is famous for being bad in tough playoff series. He has made a career at failing miserably when it's clutch time.  They can probably beat Boston possibly beat Chicago but they are such a small team and a terribly executing team how can you realisticly say they can match with okc or la?

• Celticballer92127 Amateur 15 posts since
    Feb 14, 2011
    179. May 1, 2011 11:43 AM (in response to adanny14)

All i have to say is no way the lakers will  survive againist the thunder. they barely survived the hornets but kevin durant will beat on kobe all 7 games !

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points