Skip navigation

41657 Views 220 Replies Latest reply: Jun 15, 2011 10:06 AM by adanny14 RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 Previous Next
  • tradinskills4us Amateur 12 posts since
    Feb 6, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    45. Feb 10, 2011 8:34 PM (in response to adanny14)
    Re: NBA Championship Pick

lakers man..kobe is more determined for this one since this ring will tie him with michael jordan. da miami heat does not have a "bench"! only mike miler can score consistently and joel anthony is an excellent rebounder but they break down when lebron isn't on the court. its celtics vs. lakers even tho boston has a better bench da lakers starters are just to good for them( gasol, bryant, fisher) 4-2 lakers win series.plz stop talkin about the bulls makin a run for the finals..i don't see dat much talent in noah  and carlos boozer is undersized..he's 6'8 for cryin out loud.. spurs cant beat da lakers.. gasol is da new offensive tim duncan(he has no defense)lol

• Had13 Expert 53 posts since
    Feb 4, 2011
    46. Feb 10, 2011 9:21 PM (in response to tradinskills4us)

you don't see any skill in Noah as he's one of the best defensive big man in the game. He's 7'1" and runs the floor like a guard and has a decent jumper from 15. Obviously not as good as Dirk but still the dude is a top 5 C in the league. He's not a big stat guy but he doesn't all the right things and is the anchor in Chicago's D which happens to be #1 in the league right now. Granted Chicago is not as good as Boston but Noah is not one of their setbacks by any means

Feb 4, 2011
    47. Feb 10, 2011 9:32 PM (in response to adanny14)

Your city league ball doesn't count dude. You bring up stats that are so irrelevent. So many changes happen to a team with and without a player. The Cavs not only lost the Coach of the year along with Lebron but the east got a ton better which has a lot to do with their fall also. Lebron is one of the best in the game no doubt but he is no Kobe. It's just obvious your perspective on the game is from a sportscenter view point so this conversation is going no where.  There is a difference between checking out the box score and watching film.  It's like the argument of D will being the best guard in the league but it doesn't hold up cause everyone knows he can't play D to save his life but you wouldn't know that. Watch Lebron give up on D over and over. Watch him make passes instead of taking open shots cause he pads stats.  His motivation is not to win and it's clear watching the games.  He's not even the best player on his team let alone in the leage. The box score and what actually happen in a game are two completely different things.  I don't mean to offend you but we're just speaking on two different levels here.  There is a big reason when the playoffs hit and a team has time to prepare he gets destroyed.  Boston sits back and lets him get his stats in the mean time picks up the W's over and over.

Feb 6, 2011
    48. Feb 10, 2011 9:45 PM (in response to Had13)

well i feel ya but if we wer talkin about lebron years ago then i wud agre but if you had seen dat heat vs. thunder game on sunday thn u wud see wht i see. kevin durant took almost 35 shots against lebron n only made at least 8 shots which means his shots came from the free throw line. lebron had only had made two stupid fouls on him but he shut hm down n kevin durant knows it. no one can beat boston by them self thats why he tried to get his teammates involved n looked where dat got em n look at their record lol poorable. i promise you lebron will win rings when kobe retires or if the heat get a stronger bench lol

Feb 4, 2011
    49. Feb 10, 2011 11:32 PM (in response to tradinskills4us)

I agree Lebron is getting better and is no doubt physically the most gifted player the NBA has ever seen. (which is under question and a lot of people think he's been on hgh for years which is a whole different subject) He totally has his moments where he is a great defender but he gets lazy and is terrible on some days.  He is always in the top 5 in turnovers in the league and struggles in the playoffs. Not only that, he's not a great leader which you need for a championship run.  He's been known to be selfish and cause problems off the court with teamates and coaches.  Here is a little fact for all those Lebron homers. Coach K and Jerry Colangelo tried to kick him off the USA team because he was such a pain in the *** to deal with.  And for all you who say " it's just cause he was young" it was through the 2004-2008. They had to have Jason Kidd babysit him because he was so out of control.  Coach K is one of the most respected coaches in the world and even though Lebron was talented Coach didn't think it was worth it to have the dude on his team.

http://www.iamagm.com/news/2010/07/16/immature.lebron.was.almost.kicked.usa.team

Feb 6, 2011
    51. Feb 11, 2011 6:00 PM (in response to adanny14)

i believe you tho in da turnover column bcuz he does make careless passes sumtimes but its da same situation like mj was in taking the most shot attempts and missing the most shots in one year. lebron was incredible in that playoff run against detroit n he single handedly broke down yor bull's defense last year. I'm sorry to say this to you but the bulls cant be championship contenders for now. the only reason why he was a letdown in that boston series last year was bcuz he was tired of carrying them on his back, he's not jesus lol

• DianneDavies Amateur 11 posts since
    May 4, 2010
    52. Feb 11, 2011 11:41 PM (in response to adanny14)

I am looking forward to Lakers. I am just wondering about a buzz that Carmelo Anthony might be next Lakers. Oh well, go Lakers!

Feb 4, 2011
    53. Feb 12, 2011 12:14 AM (in response to tradinskills4us)

first off learn to spell. secondly they're not my bulls i was just arguing the fact that you said Noah has no talent. He's the most under rated big man in the game and when youre the main focul point of the #1 d in the league you obviously have some talent.  James was bad in the Spurs series 3 years ago where they were swept in which he was accused of quitting and not putting in effort. Then he was mediocre at best in the Orlando series in which they lost 4-1 and would have been swept if not for a half court hail mary to end the game and then last year he was absolutely dreadful in the last few games of the Boston series and put it no effort what so ever.  People have been complaining since he was drafted about his lack of effort in the playoffs and his lack of mental toughness.  If you really want to compare Jordan and Lebron remember Jordan won defensive player of the year lead the league in steals, lead all guard in blocks, holds the record for most blocks in the playoffs by a guard.  When asked about his record setting points in a playoff game Jordan said "the only thing i'll ever remember about that game is we didn't win." do you honestly think you'll get that kind of response from Lebron?  The only people that think Lebron can even compare to Jordan are the ones that never saw Jordan play.

Feb 4, 2011
    56. Feb 12, 2011 11:10 AM (in response to adanny14)

Let me remind you that the two years Jordan was gone pippen was not that great. Jordan made Pippen an all star. Let me remind you Pippen did nothing to help with those steals or blocks.  Those are individaul hustle stats.  It's very obvious you never saw Jordan play.  If you really want to get into the Jordan discussion lets talk about all the defensive rule changes that make it so much harder now for people to defend.  All these ticky tack hand fouls that send Lebron Kobe and Wade to the line all game were non existant.  There was a book that came out called the Jordan rules on how to stop Michael Jordan and the entire premis of the book was to beat the living **** out of him till he was too tired to play.  Watch him play against the "bad boy" pistons with Rodman and Lambier and it will blow your mind. He does things and gets put through more than any player these days could ever dream of.  Jordan came out a few years ago and said "with the rules that are in place now I could score 100 a game." and there is not a single person that played with him that argued.  Bringing Jordan into the discussion with Lebron is a joke. There is absolutley no comparison what so ever and to put this into perspective i'm a huge Pacers fan.  I hated the man but he's the greatest player to ever play the game hands down.  If you want to argue Lebron is better than Kobe youre wrong but I understand because youre from Cleveland but both those guys still have a ways to go to be compared to Jordan.

• lbj6 Amateur 25 posts since
    Mar 15, 2010
    57. Feb 12, 2011 12:46 PM (in response to Had13)

I'm the biggest miami heat fan and I think They'll lose in 6 games to boston in the confrence finals , Because they don't have no depth to contend with boston's bench , if they heat get 3 bench players that will play good I think they will have a chance ! Like if miller , haslem and house can preform they an beat the celtics , because Lebron , wade and bosh will dominate the the big three for boston because there in there prime ! But for the west I think if the thunder gets there defense back to what it was last year they will have a chance to represent the west in the finals they have the one of the best scorers and one of the best PG's also they are they leading scoring tandems in the league ( Westbrook , durant ) all in all i say thunder heat and heat in 6 games

• kd35fan Pro 92 posts since
    Jan 30, 2010
    58. Feb 12, 2011 2:50 PM (in response to adanny14)

im sorry cleveland, but i have to go with miami, just because of they're overwhelming talent level

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points