Skip navigation

1726 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2006 12:01 PM by fieldshawn RSS
familyoffive Rookie 2 posts since
Jul 9, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 14, 2006 8:21 AM

weight gain due to exercise

Looking for support and advice. I am stumped and frustrated. I am exercising and watching very carefully what I eat and I have stopped losing weight. When I have stepped up the exercise I have actually started to gain weight. I know it is said that the numbers on the scale don't matter but they do when you need and want to lose weight. My clothes do fit better and I have gone down a size or two but it just doesn' t make sense to me. I was hoping that dunnagain would read this and let me know how her progress has been.

• zaffinator Pro 123 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    1. Sep 19, 2006 11:19 AM (in response to familyoffive)
    Re: weight gain due to exercise

is it possible you are gaining muscle and losing fat?

• jerieg Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    2. Sep 24, 2006 5:08 AM (in response to familyoffive)

Are you eating enough? As strange as it may seem, if you are not eating enough and you are exercising more, your body can go into survival mode, Your body will try to conserve calories and your metabolism will slow down.  For instance, as a runner I need to be on 1600 calories per day to lose weight rather than the 1200-1300 that my diet plan recommends.

• bmbowie Rookie 2 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    3. Sep 26, 2006 6:22 PM (in response to familyoffive)

I deal with the same issue.  You really do need to make sure that you are eating enough.  Also make sure you are getting the right combo of protein, carbs and good fats.  Overtraining can actually put on weight too- your body has a cortisol response- what happens to your weight after a couple of rest days?  Last but not least- assuming you are female, your cycle can bring you up and down 4-6 # both premenstrually and at ovulation.  Most of all- hang in there- eventually all of us plateau- it takes a while to "reset" your weight.  Continue with appropriate exercise and diet and don't give up!!!

• susiebe2 Rookie 2 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    4. Sep 29, 2006 7:26 AM (in response to familyoffive)

That is common, you are gaining muscle mass and it weights more than fat.  Mix up your routine, especially cardio portion, your body gets use to the same ol same ol and now add it a new activity or change your speed and distance of what you are doing. Most of all don't do the same thing every day! 

Also changing your mind set... what happens when you loose your keys?  You are always looking for them. When you put your garbage out you never want to see it again. No garbage in, not as much to take out. Reduce, get rid of, work out so you can play hard!

• fieldshawn Rookie 5 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    5. Nov 7, 2006 12:01 PM (in response to familyoffive)

Yep, muscle does weigh more than fat and mixing up your routine a bit will help burn more fat.  You need to shock your body about once every other week.  What is meant by shock is that you have to surprise the body and do something different so that it is required to change the functions to keep up.  You may have some soreness after a change also.  Have you tried cross training?  Have you tried Ez LEAN XL?

EZ Lean XL is formulated to assist you with accomplishing your fat loss and fitness goals by naturally improving energy production, assisting in the regulation of appetite patterns, and reducing cravings for sugar. EZ Lean XL will help you in your total fitness program which should include balanced nutrition and regular exercise. EZ Lean XL may improve your overall wellness and should be included as an essential component to your fitness program.

http://www.automaticbuilder.com/saso

http://www.nutronix.com/saso

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...