Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2388 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 12, 2011 8:41 PM by ALatteCrazy RSS
ALatteCrazy Pro 105 posts since
Feb 6, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 6, 2011 11:19 PM

Hi runners, anybody here running the SoCal Ragnar Relay?

I found a link to here from an article a friend sent me, so I've just been browsing the threads for a bit . I'm new here and loving the motivation already! A bit about me... I ran cross country and track in high school and more or less quit running for awhile. I haven't raced since... 93 probably but I love running and I've been back on the wagon for the last month or so - whenever I gave my friend the entry fee for the relay. Right now I should be able to do a 10K in less than an hour, so if my longest leg isn't more than 7 miles and not spiked with hills.....

Any experiences running distance relays? My friends I am running with did the Ragnar last year and said it was a blast! I'm excited but a bit nervous at the same time. Any input or experiences would be great! Thanks again!

ALatteCrazy

Ontario Mills 10K Jan 21st 2012 - 49:32 3rd place women (PR)

ARMC 5K March 10th 2012 - 23:02 1st place AG women (PR)

SoCal Ragnar April 19-20 2012 Huntington Beach to Coronado Island - 24.5 miles total, 8:30 avg

RoC Race Del Mar May 19th 2012 38:28 8th for div

Fontana Days Half Marathon - June 2nd 2012 - 1:37 PR!!!! (1:48 in 2011)

Wasastchback Ragnar June 15-16th 2012 Logan to Park City UT - TBA!

Mojave Narrows Half - June 30th 2012 - TBA!

Rockin the Desert Mud run - August 25th 2012 - TBA!

Red Rock Relay - Sept 7-8th 2012 - Brian's Head to Zion UT - TBA!

St George Marathon - Oct 6th 2012

Las Vegas Ragnar - Nov 9-10th 2012

• AllisonMN Rookie 3 posts since
    Aug 25, 2009

Hi!

I ran track in high school also! I am clocking less than 1 hour on my 10Ks as well. Seems like you and I have alot in common.

Are you running in a SoCal Ragnar this year? I want to participant in one, but can't seem to gather enough people. Need a team member?

Talk to you soon.

-Allison

• sea mermaid Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 26, 2008

Hi, I was going to organize a team and then it fizzled out. I am interested in the relay, 7-8 mile legs are doable for me. Ran LA Marathon last year 4:24, not running this year.

Relay sounds like tons of fun. Don't know if its to late to enter a team or the website has a link for teams needing runners...I printed out the Ragnar "bible". but haven't looked

at if for awhile.

Where you thinking of organizing a team?

sea mermaid

Aug 25, 2009

I wanted to organize a team, but couldn't get anyone to commit.

I think registration is still open for the SoCal Ragnar, which is in April. We missed the early bird prices and the prices increase again on Feb. 15th. I was trying to find the link to see if there were teams looking for runner, but could not find it. Not sure they offer that.

How many people do you already know of that are interested? I would love to run this. Looks fun!

The Napa Valley race is in September.

Aug 25, 2009

Hi,

How great that your daughter's name is Allison too.

If your team still has a spot open, I would love to be considered.

My email is 48pinups@gmail.com. If you email me there, we can exchange info.

Talk to you soon!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points