Skip navigation

1423 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 11, 2011 6:48 AM by ClutchLegend33 RSS
BigPD Amateur 25 posts since
Jan 16, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 7, 2011 7:31 AM

Basketball IQ??

Ok guys, I'm always hearing about 'Basketball IQ', but I have no idea what's that, and no-one talks about that in my league. Can someone please tell me what is it??

• theworldofhoops Pro 52 posts since
    Oct 17, 2010
    1. Feb 7, 2011 10:24 AM (in response to BigPD)
    Re: Basketball IQ??

Basketball IQ is a term to describe your basketball intelligence.  A player with a high basketball IQ is usually well positioned on defense, makes smart passes, takes uncontested shots, talks to his or her teammates, don't turn the ball over, forces players to their weaknesses.

You develop basketball IQ by learning from your coaches, communicating with your teammates, reading about basketball, practicing basketball, watching film, and talking to other players.  Every player (even Lebron/Kobe) continue to try to improve their basketball IQ.

www.theworldofhoops.com is a great place to learn more about basketball, and hopefully develop your basketball IQ.  (Check out the "School of Hoops" tab).

Joe

www.theworldofhoops.com

joe@theworldofhoops.com

• adanny14 Legend 590 posts since
    May 20, 2010
    2. Feb 8, 2011 7:38 AM (in response to BigPD)

Agree with above. To give you a quick definition Basketball IQ is basically your knowledge of the game. Defenses, offensive systems, and other things like that.

• ClutchLegend33 Pro 99 posts since
    Feb 4, 2010
    3. Feb 11, 2011 6:48 AM (in response to BigPD)

I agree as well. People who have great basketball IQ usually always know the right play to make at the right time, and have a good understanding of the ins and outs of the game

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...