Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

5456 Views 18 Replies Latest reply: Mar 3, 2011 9:18 AM by jillz719 RSS Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • bahlg Amateur 13 posts since
    Feb 18, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    17. Mar 2, 2011 3:54 AM (in response to CalicoGal)
    Re: Who I am, Where I am at, and where I want to go

I still working on w3.  Can't get that 2nd 3 minute run and frankly the first one makes me want to quit.  I have looked into "other" training also such as strength or weight.  I was doing a beach body workout, just 25 mintues but it makes me so sore that I think it's counterproductive to the running.  I had to take yesterday off so I feel I need to make it up.  Will push through today.  It is just a little frustrating.  On Monday I did a 3.2 power walk and it wasn't that much slower than my run/walk combination...

a friend suggested that once a week I do that to improve my walking speed for the mini.  I need to average 18min/mile so that 3 mph I have been doing won't cut it.

bahlg

• jillz719 Rookie 3 posts since
    Mar 3, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    18. Mar 3, 2011 9:18 AM (in response to CalicoGal)
    Re: Who I am, Where I am at, and where I want to go

Hi! I'm Jill. I'm also a newbie! 26 yr and from NY. It is COLD here. I've been doing my plan on the treadmill at the gym until it gets warm enough to where I actually want to run outside. I'm going to tackle W3D2 today. My legs are sore from an intense leg workout of squats and lunges that I did on Monday, but I'm hoping I can power through! Hoping that 2 days of rest and some yoga will make me feel good enough to get through it! Otherwise I may have to try that dreaded 'ice bath' eeeek. Here's to hoping

KUDOS for all of you who have done the 20 mins run! I'm pretty nervous about that. My work is sponsoring any employee who wants to participate in the run for women in June. It's a 5K so thats what I'm working towards. Fingers crossed!

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...