Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

67722 Views 427 Replies Latest reply: May 22, 2011 12:06 PM by seb34 RSS 1 2 3 ... 29 Previous Next
brokefoot Pro 78 posts since
Feb 14, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 14, 2011 12:56 PM

Anyone else starting C25K TODAY??

I'm a return runner, broke my foot in a 15K two years ago, have tried repeatedly to start running again, but the pain keeps coming back. Anyone want to join me?

JAX Half Marathon 1:58:24

Gate River Run 15K  1:33:02

Alma Blueberry Festival 5K 26:18

• anijh Amateur 23 posts since
    Feb 12, 2011
    1. Feb 14, 2011 5:27 PM (in response to brokefoot)
    Re: Anyone else starting C25K TODAY??

I'll join you on the c25k journey.  I'm a beginner and completed W1D1 this morning.

• tombrett Rookie 6 posts since
    Feb 13, 2011
    2. Feb 14, 2011 5:43 PM (in response to brokefoot)

I just started today too! It was a bit tough.....I've lived a pretty sedentary lifestyle up till now lol....good luck to you both!

Feb 12, 2011
    4. Feb 15, 2011 7:03 AM (in response to brokefoot)

Hey guys,

I lived the couch potato lifestyle too.  I'm doing the c25k program because I will be turning the big 30 later this year and figured it's time I get serious about my health.  I've been pretty lucky not to get really sick in the past and I want to keep it that way.  My first run went pretty well except for the last two one-minute jogging intervals. I gave up and switched to walking a few seconds before I was supposed to on those.  Still, I feel good about yesterday's run even if my quads aren't too happy this morning.  I plan to walk around my neighborhood today since there's no scheduled run.  I'm looking forward to tomorrow -- my goal is to complete the full 60 seconds of each jogging interval.

Feb 12, 2011
    6. Feb 15, 2011 11:40 AM (in response to brokefoot)

I didn't experience any pain during the run.  I switched to walking early on the last two jogging intervals because I was out of breath.  I'm not sure but I think I started too fast because those were the only two to leave me panting.  I plan to slow it down on tomorrow and see if it helps any.  I only stopped towards the end of the intervals about three or four seconds before I was supposed to.  As soon as I stopped running and started walking, the podcast voice would tell me it was time to stop.  I giggled both times because I thought it was somewhat funny that I would be so close to the end when I give up.

Thanks for the tip on stretching after the run.  I had no idea.  It's probably why I'm experiencing some muscle soreness in my quad area.  I just came back from a 3 mile walk since today is a rest day and made sure to put your tip to good use.

ETA: Good luck to you and tombrett

Feb 12, 2011
    9. Feb 15, 2011 2:06 PM (in response to brokefoot)

Thanks for the tips and videos.  I'm going to take a look at them when I get home.

• 1974mom Pro 102 posts since
    Feb 15, 2011
    10. Feb 15, 2011 3:13 PM (in response to brokefoot)

Me, me, me!!!   I started C25K yesterday too!  Thanks for the stretching videos. I ran more yesterday than I think I have run any other day of my life. I really have always wanted to be a runner and just told myself I couldn't. I don't really have weight to lose (OK, maybe 5-7 pounds )but am totally addicted to Biggest Loser and after watching it for several seasons I thought "surely if they can make themselves into runners I can too"! So, here I am hoping to make it happen!

My run yesterday felt great. I think the only thing I could have done better was my walking speed. I felt like I wasn't keeping up that "brisk pace" that I should have...though "brisk pace" leaves a lot of room for interpretation! I'm sure I was walking too slow.

My body feel like it held up OK with the exception of my knee. It is sore today and a bit swollen. I have had kind of "weak" knees all my life though. They didn't hurt during the run though so that made me happy. I'm a little concerned about running on it tomorrow. I never know when I should push through and when I should rest.

So glad to have found you guys!

Registered for my first 5K...coming up on 4/10 (hoping to finish in under 40 minutes)!

Feb 12, 2011
    12. Feb 16, 2011 4:40 AM (in response to brokefoot)

Day 2 is here!  We can do it!!!

I'll be running much later today but I wanted to check in and wish everyone well on their runs.

Feb 12, 2011
    14. Feb 16, 2011 4:36 PM (in response to brokefoot)

I just completed day 2 and it went great.  I was able to complete the full 60-seconds of each jogging interval.  Woo-hoo.  I'm ready for day 3.

1 2 3 ... 29 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...