Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1063 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 17, 2011 4:49 PM by Jace492 RSS
beachbum629 Rookie 2 posts since
Feb 16, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 16, 2011 1:29 PM

Barley Grass Juice Powder Increases Oxygen?

I've been reading the taking barley juice boosts the alkalinity in the body. We all know that alkalanity is good. But I just read that it also boosts the oxygen levels in the blood. Has anyone used barley grass powder to boost running times and see results?

• Jace492 Rookie 1 posts since
    Feb 17, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Feb 17, 2011 4:49 PM (in response to beachbum629)
    Re: Barley Grass Juice Powder Increases Oxygen?

I've been taking barley grass for quite some time and I can indeed say it helps. From my understanding, the red blood cells carry 10x as much oxygen at a pH of 7.4 than they do at a pH of 7.2. Since barley juice powder contains alkalizing nutrients, then it can help raise your blood pH levels. It can be hard to find a good barley green powder so make sure to look for one that is organic and cold-processed. i don't wanna promote a specific brand cuz there are a lot of good ones out there, but you can use a website like http://www.barleysupplements.com/ to find a good one. Best of luck and let us know how it turned out for you!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points