436 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Feb 21, 2011 9:32 AM by RUNAAM RSS
RUNAAM Rookie 1 posts since
Feb 21, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 21, 2011 9:32 AM

RUNAAM

3,200 MILES, 12 RUNNERS, 15 DAYS

RUNAAM, an adventure of a lifetime

CHESTNUT HILL, MA - RUNAAM is a new Relay Run Across America, from Santa Monica Pier, CA to Boston College, MA. The Team Boston College, composed of 12 runners (9 male, 3 women), will do a test run in June 4-19, 2011. Then, RUNAAM will be open to any team in June 2012.

Founder and Race Director Patrick Autissier got the idea of creating RUNAAM from his own experience of Racing Across America on a bike several times: “I basically wanted to reproduce what RAAM does with cyclists. In 2006, our 4-man team did second, crossing the country in 6 days. It was truly amazing. I want RUNAAM to become an annual event, because this kind of race is missing in the running community. There is lots of 5K, 10K, half and full marathons. The last years have shown an incredible increase of 100 miles races, ultra-running races, and now the 24h relay and 200 miles relay races. The ultimate challenge would be a very fast and exciting cross-country relay race. I want to offer this opportunity to passionate runners who want an adventure of a lifetime!”

The Team Boston College will use RUNAAM as a platform to raising money and awareness for Partners In Health (www.pih.org), an incredible Boston-based charity dedicated to building healthcare system in poor countries such as Haiti.

For more information, please visit our website at www.runaam.org and become a fan at www.facebook.com/runaam

Attachments:

Patrick

www.runaam.org

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points