Skip navigation

1653 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 21, 2011 3:17 PM by allaroundcoach RSS
tx instinct2000 Pro 197 posts since
Jul 14, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 18, 2011 7:37 AM

Be careful with Thundercats....

Just want to put out a warning to teams that allow the Thundercats (Charlie Esparza) to register pay at your tournament with a check.  Our organization held a tournament in mid-January that the Thundercats played in.  We notified Charlie in early February that his check didn't clear and he still hasn't paid - it's mid-March.  Make the Thundercats pay cash or pay prior to the tournament!!!!

• BleacherMom3 Expert 45 posts since
    May 30, 2007
    1. Mar 18, 2011 3:50 PM (in response to tx instinct2000)
    Re: Be careful with Thundercats....

Okay, I get that it may be inconvenient to have this happen to you; but, jeepers...do you really need to air your dirty laundry here.  Maybe there was a personal issue and he is embarresed, maybe not.  None the less, two wrongs don't make a right.  Sort of unprofessional on your part to post something so nasty; I can see putting the team name; but, the coaches name?  Have some class.  Just my two cents

• BleacherMom3 Expert 45 posts since
    May 30, 2007
    3. Mar 19, 2011 8:58 AM (in response to tx instinct2000)

I am really sorry you are so upset over this; again, it was just my two cents; with your response I can see you are taking this personally, although you claim it is about the "girls".  We have had many teams run out on paying us; we have had many checks bounce, we have even had our checking information stolen off of our team check and someone made up their own checks with our information on them, and had a field day at several department stores; however, we did the right thing, and followed proper channels; which was not airing it out on a blog.  Good luck with your team in the future.

• allaroundcoach Pro 172 posts since
    Nov 2, 2010
    4. Mar 20, 2011 12:10 PM (in response to tx instinct2000)

I can certianly understand you being angry with Mr. Esparza, even warning others against accepting checks from him, but I certianly hope that you and everyone else in the softball community know that the checks that Charlie wrote were all on him, the team had ABSOLUTELY NOTHIING TO DO WITH IT! The players parents paid their dues and supported their daughters all with no knowledge of Mr. Esparza's poor abillity to cover his debts. I dont think that you should worry about seeing him on the field for quite sometime and if you do, if someone would please warn the parents that decide to play with him, it would be appreciated, Im sure, because all of the great girls that were formerly with the Thundercats were out there every weekend and no one ever said anything and in the end it was the girls who suffered. Dont worry though, the girls will overcome and still be a #1 team for the others to contend with, however they will not be Thundercats. I just dont want people thinking that the Thundercat players and parents,  were aware of the shananagans that Mr. Esparza was doing because they most certianly were not!!! Post all the warnings you want about Charlie, they are probably waranted!

• allaroundcoach Pro 172 posts since
    Nov 2, 2010
    6. Mar 21, 2011 3:17 PM (in response to tx instinct2000)

I completely agree! I appreciate you placing the blame with Mr. Esparza where it belongs. They are a great bunch of girls and parents who minus Mr. Esparza are going to continue on and be a great team. It is a shame that he almost ruined the dream of going to nationals for these little ones, but we shall prevail! GO TEXAS THREAT! If I were you though I would file that check with the district attorney, he needs to pay you your money somehow.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...