Skip navigation

4131 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 9, 2007 9:30 PM by jetgirl2 RSS
plinko Amateur 8 posts since
Jul 9, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

May 24, 2007 2:11 AM

0 to 1650 in 6 weeks

I'm a 24-year-old guy who's been swimming for about six months now, and until recently I wasn't really making any progress. I would try to swim 10 laps, but that was about all I could do, if I even made it to 10 laps. I decided that I was serious about getting in shape and improving my fitness and stamina, so I found this 0-1650 plan at http://www.ruthkazez.com/SwimWorkouts/ZeroTo1mile.html and decided to follow it. I just started today on day 1 of week 2, and so far it's been easier than I thought it would be, as I've been finishing these workouts without getting tired and out of breath. I know the workouts are going to get a lot harder in the next few weeks, but it's good to know that I've gotten to week 2 without too much difficulty.

So does anyone have any advice for me on completing this workout plan? Weeks 1 and 2 haven't been too hard, but sometimes I struggle a little in the middle of sets to maintain proper balance and form as I get a little tired momentarily. The workouts towards the end though look really hard. Even week 3 (400, 4x100, 6x50, 6x25) looks like a pretty tough workout for a new swimmer like me. I want to beat this workout pretty bad, but I don't know how I'm going to deal with the later workouts, especially once I have to starting swimming 1000 yards straight.

• jetgirl2 Rookie 3 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jun 9, 2007 9:30 PM (in response to plinko)
    Re: 0 to 1650 in 6 weeks

why not repeat a week to gain confidence and experience.  Much like running where they say that you shouldn't increase more than 10% a week, do something similar with swimming.  If week 3 is tough, repeat it for week 4 and see if it is easier.  So you don't make it to 1650 in 6 weeks, is that critical?  Within 2 or 3 extra weeks 1650 will be child's play.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...