Skip navigation

3873 Views 13 Replies Latest reply: Jul 31, 2011 12:48 PM by EPE09 RSS
ericbenjaming Legend 456 posts since
Jan 5, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 20, 2011 1:42 AM

Michael Jordan Typeface

This is amazing!

A gifted 19-year-old who works under the pseudonym PhreshSoldier — draws design inspiration from the relentless pursuit of excellence that became Jordan's trademark during his career with the Chicago Bulls. The typeface illustration, which Smith says took more than four days to design and complete, features more than 20,000 text entries of MJ's numerous accomplishments, signature moments and quotes meticulously arranged into a sharp, evocative depiction of the Hall of Famer shooting a dagger stare at some opponent (or, possibly, teammate) just outside the frame.

The beauty of a piece like this isn't just the artist's talent for reproducing MJ's likeness; it's what the myriad details compiled and presented can tell us about Jordan and the way Smith (and, by proxy, legions of other fans) view him. Your eyes are drawn quickly to the "MVP" and "Air Jordan" entries that appear above Jordan's right eye, to the bending "Dominance" that traces his taut jawline, to the "Never Give Up" that arcs across his left shoulder.

1111111111.JPG

This what the author described -

This is a typeface of the greatest of all time Michael Jordan, he inspire me so much in my life as a designer. I admire how hard he work at wanted to be the best, and designing wise I feel like i'm the Michael Jordan of designing because I to work hard every day trying to be the best that I can be in designing . I had to dedicated this long process design to him that took over 4 days to design because I have college, and I was trying to work on this design every chance I had. This great man you see right now is fill with all his accomplishment and all his inspiring quotes and all his greatest games and moments ever. This was a God inspire design giving me the strength to design this very long process design, with over 20,000 texts. So please critique and tell me what you think.

http://phreshsoldier.deviantart.com/art/Michael-Jordan-Typeface-180397522

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...