Skip navigation

3144 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 6, 2007 12:25 PM by hewalrod RSS
DJDocNu Rookie 1 posts since
Jul 9, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 22, 2007 10:17 AM

Training for alcatraz swim

I am swimming the ALCATRAZ Swim with the Centurions this September, and I?m looking to buy the most common, recommended wetsuit that people use...

If anyone has any information that they can provide..i would really appreciate it..

Thanks

• Bcoleman01 Rookie 4 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    1. Mar 27, 2007 11:32 PM (in response to DJDocNu)
    Re: Training for alcatraz swim

Although I have little info on wetsuits, I am curious how it is you are training for this swim? I am in the bay area, and plan on doing some open water swims, however, I know of little resources for open water swimming.

• melemar Rookie 3 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    2. Apr 10, 2007 7:49 PM (in response to DJDocNu)

I swim in the Aquatic Park across from Alcatraz in a Qintana Roo wetsuit & a neoprene swim cap with no complaints. I think any brand of wetsuit will do though.

As far as training in the Bay goes, Pedro Ordenes (the top centurion) coaches group swims from his kayak at the Aquatic Park. See waterworldswim.com. A lot of local triathlon clubs have informal swims there, & then there's the Dolphin Club and the South Enders too...

• hewalrod Rookie 4 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    3. Jun 6, 2007 12:25 PM (in response to DJDocNu)

I have always wanted to do this swim. Is it a really big challenge that requires rigorous training? I would love to know all about your training and your experience doing the swim. Thanks a bunch!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...