Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

835 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 23, 2011 2:05 PM by glassgirl33
glassgirl33 Amateur 17 posts since
Mar 5, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 21, 2011 12:27 PM

Garmin FR60 - Anyone use one?

I'm looking at the Garmin FR60 with the heart rate monitor and the foot pod.  Anyone use one?  Like it?  Dislike it?  Would appreciate any feedback you might have.

• rob333 Rookie 3 posts since
    Dec 28, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Mar 22, 2011 5:55 PM (in response to glassgirl33)
    Re: Garmin FR60 - Anyone use one?

I've been using the FR60 for about 6 months and I am very happy with it. I use it for all track work and for races...places where real-time pace is important to me. I previously used various Polar devises, but got tired of waiting for Mac compatible software. I have found that the Garmin foot-pod is easier to calibrate and it is about 1/2 the size of the Polar equivalent. I think that the Polar units have better heart rate accuracy, but the Garmin is close enough, the pace is more important to me. I run about 30 miles per week including 2 track days, and FR60 works for me.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points