Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

612 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 22, 2011 8:36 PM by cy11 RSS
jojo7 Amateur 27 posts since
May 9, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 22, 2011 1:46 PM

Can you keep running if...

Just wondering if one can keep running with peroneal tendonitis (my pain is on the outside/bottom of my foot). Seems I have gotten it about 3 weeks ago and some days are fine while others it hurts to even walk. I am able to still run up to about 5 miles- but then it starts aching pretty badly. Anyone keep training with this- or have any advice on how to heal it?? picture of where the pain is below:

foot.jpg

Thank you!!!

Happy running,

Jo

http://www.MyRaceRagz.com

"Creating memorable running moments, one shirt at a time"

JoJo

www.MyRaceRagZ.com

"What will you WEAR on your next RACE DAY???"

• cy11 Amateur 17 posts since
    Dec 15, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Mar 22, 2011 8:36 PM (in response to jojo7)
    Re: Can you keep running if...

The last time few times I've had severe foot pain like this i've shut down for about a week. I treated with heating pads & combination of arnica/capsaicin ointment.

Then I made sure I ice when I started back. My foot pains have been forefoot and plantar fasciitis pain. By your diagram you may have plantar fasciitis pain.

Cy

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...