Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2097 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 1, 2011 7:55 PM by how2runfast RSS
bobby_tee Expert 40 posts since
Dec 4, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 25, 2011 1:02 PM

Calf Tightness- anyone use 'the stick'?

OK, I've been running for 2+ years now and have signed up for the Marine Corps Marathon in October. I'm not formally training for that yet, but have been getting ready for a 10-mile run in early May. Only problem is that my left calf has been tightening up on me lately and preventing me from getting my miles in. Not a full blown strain or tear, but more like a muscle cramp. I'm a big guy and my calves are large, so they get a workout. Even with extra stretching, I'm still having issues.

A buddy of mine has suggested that I get 'the stick' and use it on my calves. Does anyone have any personal experience with calf tightness? Anyone else used this device?

Thanks

Bobby

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...