Skip navigation

879 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 4, 2011 8:05 AM by Joe_h1 RSS
Josh-in-Training Amateur 9 posts since
Aug 3, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 2, 2011 12:08 AM

Base Training BRICKs

Hi,

I've got a fun year planned with (B)Escape from Alcatraz in June, (a)Half Vineman in July, transition, (b) Santa Cruz Oly in September, (A) IM Arizona in November.

My annual plan is about 500 hours.

I had a great experience today -- a super Brick on a great sunny day 50.5 Bike, 10.7 Run -- 5:07 total time - with a 4:30 transition.

To me it felt good, low stress not to hard, aerobic except for some hills here and there.

I practiced nutrition -- Perpeteum, and Clif Shots on the Bike -- Gels and and water on the run.

This is something I might do one during each "Base" extending it a little longer (I'm in Base 2 now on my calendar).

But a lot of what I read is telling me the run is too long.  But to me it feels like pretty honest training.

Just looking for some feedback/discussion from folks is a 50/10 Brick too aggressive on the run?

I suppose rate of recovery has a lot to do with it,..

What are other folks doing?

Thanks,

Josh

• Joe_h1 Community Moderator 1,833 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Apr 4, 2011 8:05 AM (in response to Josh-in-Training)
    Re: Base Training BRICKs

what's the point of the workout? to get used to running off the bike you probably only need to run 1-2 miles to find your running legs but as race simulation/test of nutrition think this is a good workout. just my .02

goals for 2011:

break 19minutes for 5k

break 2:42 for olympic triathlon probably Anthracite olympic

break 3:16 for marathon ( a long shot but it's fun putting yourself out there)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...