Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1564 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2011 4:27 PM by sarahsarahreed RSS
sarahsarahreed Rookie 3 posts since
Apr 3, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 3, 2011 10:38 AM

C25K started week of March 27

I am starting week 2 this week - who else is is with me and how are you feeling so far?

• TampaShuffle Rookie 3 posts since
    Mar 31, 2011
    1. Apr 3, 2011 11:28 AM (in response to sarahsarahreed)
    Re: C25K started week of March 27

Hi, Sarah!

I'm starting week three today, actually and so far so good.  I'm new to the Cool Runnings community, but happened to stumble across the forums and am inspired by all the support!  Honestly, this has been a struggle so far for me; I quit smoking about a year ago and managed to put on a bit of weight in the process, so running (or shuffling as I call it) is challenging, but I'm noticing improvement each time I run.

How is it going for you?

• MoniG Rookie 4 posts since
    Apr 3, 2011
    2. Apr 3, 2011 12:09 PM (in response to sarahsarahreed)

Starting week 2 today, (april 3) if I can. Finished week one on Friday, Saturday was a "walk" day - and I did something to my knee. The back of it is a bit swollen, and it's stiff. I'm hoping that once I start to move it will be all right. Desk bound since noon, but hamstring stretches at every opportunity.

If it hurts too much, I'll take another walk day - any suggestions?

I want to run a 5K on June 18.

• Jonjon Pro 61 posts since
    Dec 27, 2010
    3. Apr 3, 2011 12:09 PM (in response to sarahsarahreed)

Hi!

Congrats on taking on this challenge.  Good luck!  If you think some local C25K buddies might make the journey more fun, check out WannaBuddy.com. The site is designed to connect local people who share a common interest. I've seen some posts there about C25Ks and people looking for buddies, so you could find someone right around the corner.

Good luck and keep with it!

--John

• TampaShuffle Rookie 3 posts since
    Mar 31, 2011
    4. Apr 3, 2011 1:29 PM (in response to MoniG)

Moni --

I'm by no means a dr, but after a couple of spinal injuries my advice to you would be to always listen to your body.  If it hurts, don't push it.  This is not a race and if you have to repeat weeks in the plan or take extra "walk days" then do it without question.

I find that ice helps me on days I'm a little ouchie, but if your swelling persists I would go get checked out by a dr.  Knees are not something to mess around with.

Keep us posted on how you're doing and congrats on starting this challenge!

• Bob1062 Amateur 30 posts since
    Feb 12, 2011
    5. Apr 3, 2011 1:44 PM (in response to sarahsarahreed)

Congrats everyone, I just finished W1D3 today, looking forward to next week. So far so good, can't wait to see what the extra 30 seconds of run time will be like. I am still trying different types of music to run to, still haven't found that perfect mix. What does everyone else listen to?

6/11/11 3rd Annual Run The Flood 5K 29:48

• EliNoah Amateur 13 posts since
    Apr 3, 2011
    6. Apr 3, 2011 3:29 PM (in response to sarahsarahreed)

Hi, all. New to the boards, but I am really needing encouragment. LOL. I have done W1D1-2. Made it through both but feel like I am going to die. I am only about 15 pounds overweight, but I am so out of shape. I have never been athletic and have always hated sports of really any kind. My husband started working out and getting into shape in Nov. of 2009 and he has changed his life, his looks everything. He ran his first 10K this weekend. I just felt so left out that I decided to do something about it. Unfortunately, I have NO will power and it takes a lot to get me off the couch and out the door. And the first days are NOT easy at ALL...I imagine that I will have to repeat week 1.

Everyone says that it does feel good eventually, I just hope it is sooner rather than later. I am sure that I sound like a whiney mess, but I really need to whine about it. Does anyone here struggle with not actually wanting to do it (mentally I am there.)?

I like the Avett Brothers to run to.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...