Skip navigation

1559 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2011 9:26 PM by balla2011 RSS
droseMVP Rookie 1 posts since
Apr 3, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 3, 2011 6:03 PM

Improving my Basketball game

Im in the 8th grade playing for my school basketball team season is over but still hard work to continue.During 7th grade year i was one of the worst player on my team.During offseason spent hours studing film and practicing diffrent move,during 8th grade basketball season got just a few more minutes than other but did not start.played rec ball coach told me about some aau thing and i went.Every practice we go against the 12th 11th 10th and 9th graders will this even make me a better player even if its hard for us to score.

• djr121 Amateur 25 posts since
    Mar 13, 2010
    1. Apr 3, 2011 8:16 PM (in response to droseMVP)
    Re: Improving my Basketball game

Hi i am in 8th grade as well and have played 8 years with rec and school and know playing club.so i can relate now if you want to improve your game keep studying film and the game also do different drills on your free time for shooting passing dribbiling and your psistion i dont know what position you are but i am a post player pf/c and play some 3 and i work on post moves and mid range shots but i wont to get my game to be the best it can be so i do dribbiling drills 3 point drills lay up drills and defense drills and thats on my own then i go to club and do a ton of more drills which helps alot i am a top scorer on my team every year because i practice every day so practice every day . Another thing is how you said will playing older people help your game and the anwser is yes because you will learn to be more phyischal and will learn from older people. Trust me because i would rather play pick up games with older people which i do because it helps my game and a challenge is always good bacuse if your playing someone easy it will help but not much. Good luck!!!

• balla2011 Legend 285 posts since
    Feb 26, 2011
    2. Apr 3, 2011 9:26 PM (in response to djr121)
    Re: Improving my Basketball game

yea, just work really hard in the offseason everytime you hit the gym make sure you get better and use your inspiration from those superstars like kemba walker he went from a ok player too the best in college basketball player all because of hard work in the offseason.

remember superstars arent made they are born so its up too you how much do you want it

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points