Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

489 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 10, 2011 8:45 AM by Designeer
Designeer Pro 125 posts since
Jan 28, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 10, 2011 8:45 AM

Prolotherapy for knee contusion

For the last 1 1/2 years my focus in this forum was on curing a severe case of Morton's Neuroma in my left foot compounded by the fact that I kicked a brick wall and a metatarsal dropped and pinced and killed the nerve.  It took 15 months for the nerve to grow back after many prolo sessions convinced that the foot did not need any more, also put it under a heating lamp for a few days after each treatment, FINALLY CURED THAT....then my right foot split.....we are slowly treating that and it is receding......but now my outer knee is left to cure from that flying and tumbling bicycle accident.................All the attachments of tendon to the outer knee were smashed hard...........hamstring tendon attachment, IT band......some mensicus too...........plus I think I momentarily dislocated my whole knee and so everything got a bit stretched and twisted..........MRI showed ACL and PCL still attached but swollen.......my leg probably barely held together....still traumatized after 4 years........white tissue ligaments and tendon do not heal on their own..................SO I am attracting and gathering support on this battle now.......I will give support back..........I am a runner....................small time............6 miles maximum..........during treatments almost back to square one and climb again...........

Anyone with an injury trying prolotherapy?  I am in the pathetic architectural and design field worthless in this economy but I am not being paid to promote prolotherapy, I do it for keep my sanity and to find healng and help others too.......

I attach an image

Attachments:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...