Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2522 Views 10 Replies Latest reply: Apr 19, 2011 5:32 AM by Jarrod_Dumas RSS
Jarrod_Dumas Amateur 21 posts since
Apr 9, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 17, 2011 5:40 AM

Week 5 Complete: First 2-mile run of my life!

Yesterday, my running partner and I did the W5D3 workout, and even though I was a bit apprehensive / concerned about the likelihood that I would complete the run, I finished the first 2-mile run of my life.  It felt pretty awesome to get that far, considering that I had only been running 1 mile at a time as of Wednesday, and Wed. was the first time I'd done that in years.  We started out pretty strong, at about 1.2 miles I started to slow down, feeling a little tired, but knowing I did NOT want to stop running.  At 1.8, a side stitch tried to take me out, but at that point, I knew I had it.  I stopped at 2.0, feeling like I probably could have finished the 3-mile loop, but wanting to save that, the way you save the last chapter of a book for a moment when you can really savor it.

Off-day today, then back to work on Sunday, excited for W6!

Jarrod

C25K entered March 20, 2011

C25K graduated April 22, 2011

http://flyingonfoot.wordpress.com

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...