Skip navigation

785 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 24, 2011 12:16 PM by 23AirJordan
nash99 Rookie 6 posts since
Jan 19, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 24, 2011 7:48 AM

Pre-game rituals?

I was wondering what pre-game rituals people have. I arrive at the court early and perform the following pre-game ritual:

After doing some stretches I play a game called plus 1 minus 2 where i take a shot from 5 designated spots, for every make i get 1 point and for every miss I lose 2 points. For every point under 0 I run from baseline to baseline. If I finish on 0 i take a free throw to decide if I run or not. I then take 100 free throws and keep track of my percentage. Next I Perform 10 right hand layups and 10 left hand layups and finish with the speed demon drill (Speed dribble from baseline to baseline, between the legs dribble baseline to baseline, bouncing with 2 balls baseline to baseline and speed dribble again). Any tips on improving my pre-game ritual and what are yours?

• 23AirJordan Legend 607 posts since
    Mar 20, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Apr 24, 2011 12:16 PM (in response to nash99)
    Re: Pre-game rituals?

Before I arrive, I listen to music. Then I get to the game stretch, then shoot around. I take it easy and get warmed up till the game starts. I don't try to over do it.

"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."-Michael Jordan

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points