Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

421 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 25, 2011 7:15 PM by RunninUgly
RunninUgly Expert 56 posts since
Dec 30, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 25, 2011 7:15 PM

To Everyone Doing the C25K Program

I just wanted to do a shout out to everyone doing the C25K program and say way to go for getting off the couch and getting your feet on the ground. By making the commitment to the program you have taken the biggest step. Two years ago I was a non-runner and absolutly hated running. Now I am up to 20 to 30 miles a week and I love getting out for my runs and on days I don't run I miss it. If I can do it anyone can do it. Take your time, enjoy yourself, listen to your body, and above all else have fun! Remember we are all here cheering for you and supporting you in your journey. Use us, gripe at us, share your success with us! I have a good friend who just started the program a couple of weeks ago with the goal of a 5k in September and believe me she uses me for all those things, and I think sometimes she scretly cusses me out for getting her into this silly sport.  LOL

I am proud of you all and looking forward to reading about your accomplishments and I hope to see you in the coral someday!

Jim

Upcoming Races:

Warrior 5k 11 Sep 11-doing this with a couple friends. It will be their first race.

Jacksonville Marine Corps Half Marathon- 1 Oct 11

Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge- 7-8 Jan 12

"Beyond the very extreme of fatigue and distress, we may find amounts of ease and power we never

dreamed ourselves to own; sources of strength never taxed at all because we never push

through the obstruction."  William James

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...