Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

13301 Views 86 Replies Latest reply: Jun 9, 2011 11:20 PM by GeoWolf 1 2 3 ... 6 Previous Next
faithintx Legend 250 posts since
Jun 16, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

May 4, 2011 2:07 PM

Starting 5/4/11...anyone else in?

Starting again...again. Anyone else in?

The shame is not in getting sidetracked. The shame is in STAYING sidetracked!

So, since I refuse to quit...I'm starting again!

Looking for some friends to make the journey...trying to start a DIALOGUE and not just a bunch of postings!

Hope someone will join in!

Completed - W3D3

Whether you think you can, or you think you can't.....either way, you're right.

Do what is unnatural, until it becomes natural.

Medical fact - if you don't use it, you'll lose it.

• CallMeLegion Rookie 4 posts since
    Apr 23, 2011
    1. May 4, 2011 2:18 PM (in response to faithintx)
    Re: Starting 5/4/11...anyone else in?

I'm in. I'm on W1D3 though I think.

• nyla100 Expert 59 posts since
    Jul 23, 2009
    2. May 4, 2011 4:33 PM (in response to faithintx)

FaithInSC, I think we're fated to do this together   I've been planning all week to start again, but hesitated to start another thread after my last one.  Instead, I've been keeping an eye out, hoping someone else might be starting this week that as well.

I like what you said about wanting to start a dialogue, versus just a list of postings.  You can really see the difference it makes in some of the other groups here.

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.

Steve Prefontaine

• tojigglenomore Rookie 3 posts since
    May 4, 2011
    3. May 4, 2011 6:11 PM (in response to faithintx)

Hello,

I just started today too. I saw your post and had to respond, why did I choose today to go to this site? Why was there a post asking if anyone else was in? I had just finished W1D1 and felt good about it so I think this was meant to be.

Best of luck to us all!

I also love that quote about being right either way, it's one of my favourites.

• tessthemonk Rookie 3 posts since
    May 3, 2011
    5. May 4, 2011 7:04 PM (in response to faithintx)

Hi everyone!  I'm so excited to find this group!  I just started this week!  This is my first time trying the program, so I'm a little nervous.  I am not a runner...never was.  Also, I am very out of shape.  I'm 40 years old and really feeling the affects of aging...lol!

I started yesterday actually, so I can gladly say I did W1D1!  Tomorrow...W1D2!

Yesterday felt great!  I was definately breathing heavy...and today was achy.

I'll need all the support I can get to keep up with this! 

• tessthemonk Rookie 3 posts since
    May 3, 2011
    7. May 5, 2011 6:48 AM (in response to faithintx)

I'm using a polar heart rate monitor as well!  I am a math teacher....and need to see numbers!  Numbers motivate me!    I also am using the Nike+.  I'm such a nerd.....I enjoy comparing the numbers....day to day.....and device to device!  It keeps me motivated!

I run in the evening....I have tried to do the AM workouts....but never successful!  I have to be at work too early.....I cannot get up before 5 am! 

Anyone else running in the evening?

• Redroxxy Rookie 1 posts since
    May 2, 2011
    9. May 5, 2011 11:38 AM (in response to faithintx)

I am going out tonight...

my very first 'run' ever - although I am fairly confident it will be a fast walk/jog,

it still counts right??

• JAN18098 Rookie 2 posts since
    Dec 2, 2010
    10. May 5, 2011 11:55 AM (in response to faithintx)

Hi, My name is Jan and I'm from CA. I've never run in my life, but have been reading this site over the past couple of weeks and decided to START! My sister is a runner and LOVES it...and is in the best shape of her life. The last three years have been really tough for me and I"ve put on weight, so I really need to do this for myself. (Especially since I'm still unemployed and the depression is setting in again!) I LOVE seeing so many supportive people on here! I'm going to start today, W1D1!

• LeslieMcQ Rookie 2 posts since
    May 5, 2011
    13. May 5, 2011 12:05 PM (in response to faithintx)

I'm a day late but i'm in today...have been meaning to get started for the last 3 months....putting my stake in the sand!

Leslie

• Chris DeBottis Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 18, 2010
    14. May 5, 2011 12:09 PM (in response to faithintx)

Im am starting over after recovering from Achilles injuries over the winter.  I have worked my way up to running a 5K and am looking to increase my mileage and also become more efficient.  I use a Polar FT7 heart rate monitor and the best reward is seing how many calories are burned and feeling like you are making progress with every session you complete.  Congrats to everyone for literally taking that first step!

1 2 3 ... 6 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...