Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1338 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: May 8, 2011 10:50 AM by Whoopidoo
Whoopidoo Rookie 3 posts since
Apr 23, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

May 7, 2011 12:30 AM

Sore knees and swollen feet - help?

Hi all, I hope you can help and that I'm posting this in the right place.

I'm on week 2 of Couch to 5K 2 days into that week.

I'm 5 stone over weight and have a back problem called scheuermanns disease. I'm combining Cto5K with healthy eating and have lost 7lbs over this 2 weeks. (So was 5 stone 7lbs overweight)

However, I can barely walk where my knees and ankles are now so painful and this morning I've got up and my feet are swollen to twice their normal size - I've never been prone to swollen feet before except in pregnancy.

I went to the doctors about my knees yesterday and she thinks it's where I was doing the program on concrete (I don't have proper running shoes yet, am saving up, been wearing normal trainers) She's put me on a 2 week ban.Said to try walking briskly within that 2 weeks.

Can any of you give me any advice? Is the swollen feet all connected? Am scared I have really done something bad to my legs now or is it just where my body is not used to the exercise and has got all that extra weight landing on them when I do the jogging bit?

Any advice very much appreciated as I don't want to give up - in a weird way I'm enjoying the program.

Thank you

Carmen x

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...