Skip navigation

756 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: May 9, 2011 7:34 AM by Fresh Winds RSS
Currently Being Moderated

May 8, 2011 12:28 PM

5/07/11 - 2011 Butterfly Walk & 5K Run for CancerFree KIDS Reviews

Share your experiences with the 5/07/11 - 2011 Butterfly Walk & 5K Run for CancerFree KIDS below Back to event details page.

• Heidyth Rookie 1 posts since
    Feb 18, 2011

This event is fantastic. The kids will have you in tears of joy and compassion. I have went the last two years as an amateur photographer. I volunteer my time and the photos I take. This year a 5k run was added. Plus they had a Jr. run. To see these kids running and getting their faces painted, sliding down a huge blow up slide and receiving awards for their heroic efforts as cancer warriors makes me speechless. As the event grows more and more sponsors volunteer their time effort and products. The kids and families are so appreciative. Thank You to all who helped!!!!

• Crickhaver Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 19, 2011

This was an amazing event! What you do for the kids is beyond words! I love that you have added the 5K and hope you continue with it.  The childrens races made me cry, they were so excited to cross that finish line and get their prize. Their exuberation was priceless! I will see you next year!!

• Robin Bates Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 6, 2011

The Butterfly Walk was so amazing! Everyone really makes this so special for the kids that are there. So many wonderful things went on. It was amazing and moving to see how many people were there to walk. I am so glad I was able to be apart of this event and help make a difference in the battle against cancer.

• wendyrunner40 Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 20, 2011

Wow: what a great time! For it being their first 5K, it was perfect! The course was wonderful, the organization was great, and the registration/volunteers/overall experience was unbelievable! I've never had my results emailed to me: very cool! We lucked out with the weather, and couldn't have asked for a better time for the entire family. A good cause and a good time: who could ask for more? The compassion and endearing moments with the children put it all in perspective: especially so close to Mother's Day. I want my kids to participate in the Junior Jog every year! And I hope this is the first of many 5Ks for them: I'll be the first to sign up next year! Wonderful experience: great job to all!!!!

• RIPJennyLynnDeerwester Rookie 2 posts since
    Mar 30, 2010

This was the second year that I've participated in the Butterfly Walk.  It began as a way to honor my sister to passed away from a rare childhood cancer in 1989 and has turned into an annual family and friend gathering for a wonderful cause!  There is a ton of hard work put into this event by countless volunteers, they could use more even awesome helpers if you're interested!

• Fresh Winds Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 6, 2011

I am so grateful for the opportunity to Honor our CancerFree Kids and all my friends who participated.  The event was very well organized with good directions and oversight.  I apprecite the priviledge to run the 5K and donate to this worthy cause.  My heart was broken when the names of children were honored that did not live from last years event.  Cancer is such a powerful disease, but with God's help and events that bring this issue to light, many will have their names called next year who have lived another year to fight the battle against Cancer. 

My wife Diane has Cancer and is fighting the battle of her life.  In this way and others, I can fight back and encourge others with the same battle.  thank you to Tom Handloser and Union Savings Bank for their sponsership. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...