Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2196 Views 12 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2011 4:27 PM by KairiKraze RSS
KairiKraze Rookie 7 posts since
May 12, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

May 12, 2011 4:40 PM

c25k 5/14/2011

hi everyone, I'm fairly new to running, and feeling very hopeful that this will be something I'll be doing for a long time. I've been reading about the c25k and feel very confident that it will get me started. will anyone else be starting this saturday....?

• JessieB7 Amateur 11 posts since
    May 11, 2011
    1. May 12, 2011 7:45 PM (in response to KairiKraze)
    Re: c25k 5/14/2011

I started last week Monday, but I will be on week 1 for a few weeks!!! Seriously!!! I am new to running and a recent quitter of smoking so I am taking this with baby steps!!! I have found some great people on ehre for advice and support!! I never realized what a team effort was involved in running!!

• dellG Rookie 1 posts since
    May 12, 2011
    2. May 12, 2011 7:56 PM (in response to KairiKraze)

Why not?  A buddy of mine is doing this and has been after me to start.  Saturday the 14th it is....

• iamkaren Amateur 24 posts since
    May 13, 2011
    3. May 13, 2011 2:31 PM (in response to KairiKraze)

I'm in!  My brother has challenged me to run a Marathon in the fall.  But as an overweight, non-runner, who just turned 50, I'm pretty sure that's not gonna happen!  However...I think I could complete C25K, learn to walk/run, and work my way up to a half-marathon one day.  Getting started is the hard part so I'd love to be a part of your group!   I'm going to start Week 1 this coming week.

ETA: I just did a Pre-C25K walk/run for 30 minutes.  I didn't have a timer so I just counted to 60 during the runs and counted to 90 during the walks.  Also, my dog was with me so we had lots of potty stops along the way!

• debdrury Rookie 5 posts since
    Jun 26, 2008
    4. May 13, 2011 2:18 PM (in response to KairiKraze)

I have started this twice in the past and 4 weeks one time and only 2.5 the second time.  Maybe a group is what I need to be accountable and encouraged by.  I will do my W1D1 tomorrow 5/14/11.  Looking forward to completing it this time!!

• iamkaren Amateur 24 posts since
    May 13, 2011
    9. May 15, 2011 7:23 AM (in response to KairiKraze)

Hi Everyone!  Just wondering if you all started yesterday and how it went.

I received an Iphone recently and I'm still learning how to use it.  Yesterday, I set up a playlist on my ipod (of GLEE songs) and downloaded the C25K application.  Although it had mixed reviews, since it was only $2 I figured it was worth a try.  I LOVE IT!   It allows you to use your own playlist, but it gives audible cues to change from walk to run etc.  It also has a 'journal' feature and it estimates calories burned and other things.  I can't wait to try it out sometime today...when I embark on W1D1!

• BradW44 Pro 119 posts since
    Jun 15, 2010
    10. May 16, 2011 10:11 AM (in response to KairiKraze)

You guys all rock!!!  Just remember, take it slow and dont be in too big of a hurry.  After you stick with it for a couple weeks, it will become a habit.  If it gets too hard, back off just a little, regroup and continue on.  Also, try to mix in some other things like some easy bicycling or even walking.  The idea is change your lifestyle to be more active.  You can all do whatever you want!!!!  Push the doubts out of your head, you have the power to make it happen!!!  Good luck!!!

Brad

www.RunnersPlan.com

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...