Skip navigation

1325 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 17, 2012 6:19 PM by Goldbadge RSS
Currently Being Moderated

May 15, 2011 1:09 PM

Rotary 100 Bike Tour 2011 Reviews

Share your experiences with the Rotary 100 Bike Tour 2011 below Back to event details page.

• bikeguy225 Rookie 2 posts since
    Sep 16, 2009
    1. May 15, 2011 1:09 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Rotary 100 Bike Tour 2011 Reviews

This was the first year I did the ride (50 miles) and I found it quite enjoyable. The course was very scenic, along low traffic country roads. The course was relatively

well-marked, although were 2 or 3 turns that could have been better marked. The

rest stops were well-stocked and the post-ride lunch was good. There was a bit

of rain towards the end, but quickly dissipated. All in all a good ride, and I plan on

doing it again nexy year.

• Gumby4 Rookie 2 posts since
    Aug 1, 2010
    2. May 15, 2011 4:17 PM (in response to Guest )

Fantastic ride.  Very scenic route with some good hills.  I did the Century ride and agree with Bikeguy225 that the route was well marked except for 2 or 3 turns. 

I will definitely participate next year.

• Tchil01 Rookie 2 posts since
    May 5, 2008
    3. May 16, 2011 8:25 AM (in response to Guest )

Really great ride. Well supported and marked. One turn where I think we messed up which was more us following some TT bikers rather then the marks, but overall was a good time. We did the 50 mile. Seemed to be a very nice turnout too. I'll be there next year too.

• Specialized1 Rookie 3 posts since
    Sep 28, 2008
    4. May 19, 2011 7:35 PM (in response to Guest )

Great ride, just one turn not marked very well.  This was my second year to ride in this event and you won't find a friendlier organization.  I'll definitely be back next year.

• Goldbadge Rookie 1 posts since
    Feb 28, 2012
    5. Nov 17, 2012 6:19 PM (in response to Guest )
    Rotary 100 Bike Tour 2011 Reviews

This was the first year I did the ride and ended up getting slightly lost due to the course not being marked well. The main problem is the course corner crosses and criss crosses in a few locations, so on some intersections you've got markings on all 4 roads.The routes should of been set up on mapmyride or ridewithgps so people can see it that way and also so theyn can short cut the course easier should they not be feeling well or the weather gets bad, like it did in 2011. This has been corrected in 2012.  The course was very scenic, along low traffic country roads. The rest stops were well-stocked except for the last one which closed before they said it would, probably because it was raining near the end. Not fun needing a rest stop in the pouring rain only to find out it's gone. The post-ride lunch wasn't the greatest. No hot food, just hoagie sections from what I recall.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...