Location: Colorado Springs, CO; Santa Ynez, CA; or Tucson, AZ
CTS coaches work out of one of our four locations on a full-time basis. Expert Coaches are entry- level coaches for CTS and coach a variety of endurance athletes from the weekend warrior to the elite utilizing phone, internet, downloadable training devices and e-mail communication. Our coaches are arranged in various coaching PODs where more senior coaches are teamed up with junior coaches to facilitate free knowledge flow and mentorship opportunities. CTS is hiring Expert level triathlon Coaches for our Colorado Springs, Santa Ynez and Tucson regional centers. Out of these regional facilities, CTS coaches will be required to perform camps, lab/bike fitting services as well as in-person and remote based endurance coaching. Opportunities for advancement are plentiful.
1. Monitoring and developing training programs according to the CTS training methodology.
2. Providing written and verbal feedback to athletes regarding all aspects of training.
3. Assisting Senior coaches and faculty with research projects.
4. Conducting hands on group and private camps with athletes.
5. Performing physiological testing on athletes, including lactate threshold testing and VO2 max testing.
6. Attending events/races as a representative of the company.
7. Giving informative lectures and presentations to the local community.
8. Writing articles for various media outlets.
9. Leading indoor classes and workouts for local athletes
Occasional weekend work is required to attend camps and scheduled events.
1. B.S. degree in Exercise Science or equivalent field of study.
2. Extensive first-hand experience as an athlete (preferably in triathlon).
3. Possess, or be in the process of obtaining, a National Governing body (NGB) coaching license: USA Cycling, USA Triathlon, USA Swimming, USA Track and Field, etc.
1. Annual salary commensurate with education and experience
2. Medical and Dental Benefits
3. Flexible Spending Account
4. Life, LTD and AD&D
5. 401k plan with annual employer contribution
6. Paid Time Off (14 days per year, accrues monthly)
In order to apply for the position, please submit a resume, cover letter, location preference (Colorado Springs, Tucson, Santa Ynez, any one of the three, or any combination thereof) and any relative athletic or coaching experience to-
Our interview process for new hires consists of three steps-
1. Resume and background based screen
2. Telephone or in-person interview
3. The CTS Coaching College
The CTS Coaching College will be held in Colorado Springs, CO sometime in the August 2011 timeframe. If you make it to this step, congratulations! The coaching college is a 3-day intensive seminar designed to test your coaching knowledge, skills and communication ability. Only the best out of the Coaching College will eventually be chosen to be CTS coaches.
Travel and related expenses for the coaching college are the responsibility of each applicant. Should an applicant be chosen as a full-time coach, a relocation stipend will be issued to help off-set the costs related to the college. There is no charge for the college itself.
If hired by CTS after the Coaching College, new coaches will relocate to their respective CTS regional centers to begin employment and on-the-job training.