Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

954 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 5, 2011 9:21 PM by StyleRunner
StyleRunner Rookie 3 posts since
Jun 6, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 6, 2011 7:57 AM

What Questions Do You Have About Running Apparel?

I recently developed a blog highlighting running apparel with the intention of assisting both beginning and veteran runners with their apparel selections. The blog includes professional photographs and is set to present information regarding the care/keeping of technical gear, how to dress for the weather, compression wear, socks, hydration systems, sunglasses, etc. It will also highlight guest bloggers and their gear decisions.

As I start up I am eager to know what questions people have about running apparel. If you were to read a blog about running clothes/gear, what would you want to know?

If you are interested in following the blog, I encourage you to check it out facebook as you can have the latest posts and updates appear directly in your newsfeed: https://www.facebook.com/pages/What-I-Wore-On-My-Run/210247362347772

Thank You!
  • Ecboyd Amateur 15 posts since
    May 16, 2011

Perfect for me as I'm new to this whole thing.

(how long are you new, until your first race, until your first 5k.10k 1/2, full... just how long do I get to pay the newbee card)

I Love the skirts, but everyone I try on seems to only be about 1/2 a skirt.

Im a size 10, still have the muffin top, and the L skirts fall off the second I put foot to road.

The M slid around and are not quite high waisted enough.

The S seems to only come up to my pubic bone. That wont work!

So Um... help!

Heres a blog topic, Price$$$

I saw skirts at Sports Authority, Nike was $49.00 each, the Store brand was $39.00. Went to Kols and FILA (I think) was $34 and $22.

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/womens/athleticapparel/bottoms/PRD~583930/FILA+SPORT+Focus+Fitness+Scooter.jsp

What’s the best brand? What holds up the best?

I have T’s from Nike that lasted 3 washings and T’s from Target that I’m still wearing 6 years later…

For the cost conscience runner, what’s the best buy or place to buy??

Beth

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points