Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

11486 Views 83 Replies Latest reply: Jul 25, 2011 9:25 AM by dogdoc14 RSS 1 2 3 ... 6 Previous Next
atty6247 Amateur 13 posts since
Jun 8, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 8, 2011 7:41 PM

Started C25K June 8 - Anyone Else?

I started C25K for the second time tonight.  I started last fall, but onlly made it about three weeks in before I lost the motivation to continue.  It was rough, but I like to think that it was because it only cooled off to 88 here when I was able to go out, and not because I am so miserably out of shape, but I don't think the heat had as much to do with it as I'd like to think.

I'm hoping I can find a few people on here who are starting their journay today, or at least within a few days so we can keep each other accountable.

Kelley

• ATTAC5 Rookie 5 posts since
    Feb 17, 2008
    1. Jun 8, 2011 9:42 PM (in response to atty6247)
    Re: Started C25K June 8 - Anyone Else?

I'm in....however I will start tomorrow. For me this will be my third time trying....I tried C25K a couple years ago but it was so easy to make excuses for why I could not go. I tried to start for the second time at the beginning of May and only completed two weeks. I lose my motivation. So I want to try again and I think together we can do this....what days will you be running. I tried every other day last time and it was a bit too much to soon. So I will try Thurdays, Sundays and Tuesdays. My goal is to get back into shape and lose some inches.

• ALSunshyn823 Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 15, 2009
    3. Jun 9, 2011 11:34 AM (in response to atty6247)

My brother and sister-in-law and I started last week.  We are doing Week 1 again this week.  It's so hot and I guess we are so out of shape that it is going to take aus a little longer than the 9 weeks.  Our goal is to run in a 5K at the end of September.  I have promised my daughter that I would run with her for 2 years now and this year I am making it a reality!!  Good luck to everyone!! 

Lisa

• CynthiaRod1968 Rookie 1 posts since
    Jun 9, 2011
    4. Jun 9, 2011 1:10 PM (in response to atty6247)

Hi Atty,

I'm ready for my first workout tonight. How are you doing on yours?

Cynthia

• NanaTerry Amateur 22 posts since
    Jun 9, 2011
    7. Jun 9, 2011 8:15 PM (in response to atty6247)

I just started on May 31. Looking for a thread to join.

• JenCarota Rookie 1 posts since
    Jun 10, 2011
    8. Jun 10, 2011 7:16 AM (in response to atty6247)

I started the program today and only made it a little beyond halfway through   I am very out of shape and have never, EVER been a runner, but an avid walker.  I am a former nonsmoker so I may be at a bit of a disadvantage until I can get my lungs used to the good air!!!  Going to head out and try again tomorrow or Sunday.  I'm up for the challenge   Perhaps I'll try going earlier in the mornings or after dark when it cools down...this heat is wicked~

• TSRunner Pro 85 posts since
    Jun 6, 2011
    9. Jun 10, 2011 7:22 AM (in response to atty6247)

Hi! Just started this week, but on Monday, will be repeating week one (it kicked my butt)!!! I'd love to be held accountable as well! So I'll stick around here if you don't mind!

I'm 40, mom of 5, OUT OF SHAPE FOR DAYS, but determined to lose 70 plus pounds!!!!!

"The Greatest pleasure in life, is doing the things people say we cannot do." - Walter Bagehot

http://onbecomingarunner.blogspot.com/

• MeGibb Rookie 2 posts since
    Nov 24, 2010
    10. Jun 10, 2011 7:48 AM (in response to atty6247)

I started C25K on May 23, and just started the 3rd week last night.  We can all do it!  I had been running outside, but yesterday I could not bear to run in 101 degrees, so I did the treadmill.  I am loving this system.  I love the C25K iphone app..it helps so much for me to make a playlist of music and almost feel like I have a personal trainer telling me when to run and when to walk!  Great to find others doing the program at the same time!

• NanaTerry Amateur 22 posts since
    Jun 9, 2011
    11. Jun 10, 2011 9:17 AM (in response to atty6247)
    Well, I finished up with week 2 today. It wasn't to bad. But, boy I am hot when I get done. Takes me a while to cool down and get my breathing back to normal. I started using the endomondo app on my phone. Running along with the C25K app. It told me I went 2.18 miles in 30:08 minutes. I have no idea if that is good or bad. but, Oh well, at least I am doing something. I am 47 and have 5 grandchildren. I have NEVER ran before in my life (not even in school). So this is very different for me.
  • StickingToIt Expert 43 posts since
    Jun 2, 2011
    12. Jun 10, 2011 11:48 AM (in response to atty6247)

I'm in! I just started on June 4th and wanted to join a group. Just finished week one. Will start W2D1 tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't rain. I don't like running in the rain...or walking in the rain for that matter.  I am excited to have a group to be accountable to!

“They say that time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.” - Andy Warhol

Upcoming Events

9/18/11 - The Iron Horse 15K & The 5K Express -  REGISTERED!!!

• dogdoc14 Amateur 21 posts since
    Jun 10, 2011
    13. Jun 10, 2011 11:57 AM (in response to atty6247)

I'm in too!  I started on the 7th, and will run my third run tomorrow morning.  I'm in decent shape, but have never enjoyed running.  A friend asked me to do a 5k Dog n Jog with her, so my golden retriever is training with me

My second run was brutal, it was 101 out and very windy, but I stuck with it.  I'm using the NHS podcast on my little iPod, which I like so far.  I'm considering an iPhone app, but it would require me to buy a new armband for my phone, so I may not. I've also realized that I will need to buy some decent running shoes in the near future.  Mine aren't cutting it!

Out with a knee injury, if I have a perfect recovery, I'll be able to run the Prairie Fire.

Planned Races:

Prairie Fire Mayor's 5k Challenge ~ 10/9/11 ~ Registered

5K Wagathon ~ 10/22/11 ~ hoping my lazy dog will run with me

• Michael. Community Moderator 516 posts since
    Nov 9, 2007
    14. Jun 10, 2011 5:47 PM (in response to atty6247)

Hi Everyone,

I saw the start date on this post and this was the same day I started so I am in. I just finished with WK1D2.

This is my second time on C25K, The first time I finished and continured to run for a couple years. My wife and I have entered in races in the past however the last one was a 10K in 2010 and it has been since about that time since I stopped running.

I look forwalerd to running with the team...... The plan is not only doable but with the motivation others a pleasure. BTW - This really gives a good base to continue to other running plans.

As for my running report. Aftter two days I can say my hamstrings are feeling most of the bodyaches. I really miss lacing up the shoes and going for a run.

Mike

1 2 3 ... 6 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...