Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

62342 Views 481 Replies Latest reply: Oct 12, 2011 12:37 AM by SingingPilgrim RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 5 ... 33 Previous Next
  • darl&don Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 5, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    30. Jun 19, 2011 7:27 PM (in response to SingingPilgrim)
    Re: Starting Couch to 5K week of June 20th!

Hi!  I would like to join in. I am starting tomorrow, June 20. I did quite a few 5k's in the past year, but only as what I call "slogging" very slow jogging interspersed with walking. I really would like to get my butt in gear again, I lost 60lbs 3 yrs ago, and now that I am 52 and the lovely age related issues that are happening since I turned 50 is all I need to say. I have since put back 40lbs and need I say more?? Wish me luck!

Darlene

• LindsB1986 Rookie 4 posts since
    Jun 19, 2011
    31. Jun 19, 2011 7:48 PM (in response to SingingPilgrim)

I'd like to join the group too if that's okay. I just started the program tonight. Had a great first experience! I have never been a runner, ever - even in high school gym class.

I'm a 25 yr old female from Ontario, Canada. I am also running to lose weight and find a life-long activity that I enjoy. My goal is to lose 18 lbs by the end of September. I am really happy to have found this group as I don't have much support at home or among my friends.

Good luck to all of you! Looking forward to sharing my experiences with you. Cheers!

Lindsay

• dreamcatcher5 Amateur 24 posts since
    Jun 16, 2011
    32. Jun 19, 2011 7:52 PM (in response to SingingPilgrim)

I would like to join !  This is the second forum I have joined.  the other one is so big I feel lost.   As I read the entries here I am impressed with the participation and interaction from the members.  I am a dreamer and in my mind I seem to be able to do anything, then reality sets in and . . .   I am almost 62(this week) and I just want to be healthy.  I am a mother of 5 children, grandma of 4.  In 10 weeks I go for blood work again and visits to 2 doctors.  I want some better results.

I like to walk and do that almost daily.  I "dream" of running or at least jogging.  I live in Las Vegas, Nevada and it is getting hot here so I will have to organize myself to get out early.  I did W1D1 on Saturday.  I like that we are all starting together and like others have said I figure I will have to repeat some days over.  When I finish I want to say that I did each day completely even if it took more than one try to do it.

I am very competive.  I like to win but in the area of losing weight and excerise I am a yo-yo.  I do great for awhile and then I relax and go backwards.  This time I want to catch my "dream."  I figure if I commit to someone, ie--all of you,  that I will get the support I need and accomplish my goals of getting healthy and hopefully losing 25+ lbs.

• stacisuzanne Rookie 4 posts since
    Jun 19, 2011
    33. Jun 19, 2011 7:53 PM (in response to SingingPilgrim)

If it isn't too late, I would love to join your group.  Just starting the program for the first time tomorrow morning.  I am about 30 lbs overweight and need to get rid of some of the extra weight.  I have always wanted to be a runner but have never actually been athletic at all.  I have been encouraged by friends that have completed this program so I am excited to give it a shot.

Staci

• BD25283 Rookie 1 posts since
    Jun 30, 2010
    34. Jun 19, 2011 8:50 PM (in response to SingingPilgrim)

I'm in too! I tried starting this last summer before getting injured, but I want to start again! I'm doing w1d1 tomorrow. Good luck to all!

Bee

Week 1: starting 6/20

Week 2

Week 3

Week 4

Week 5

Week 6

Week 7

Week 8

Week 9

----------

http://overcomingmyhatredofrunning.blogspot.com/

• msvegan Amateur 8 posts since
    Jun 20, 2011
    38. Jun 20, 2011 6:24 AM (in response to SingingPilgrim)

Sign me up too!  I'm starting tomorrow, and I'm both dreading it and looking forward to it.  I've got about 20 lbs to lose, which may not seem like much, but I have some health issues which makes exercising challenging.  So good luck to all of us and happy running! 

Jun 16, 2011
    39. Jun 20, 2011 8:43 AM (in response to SingingPilgrim)

Vegas is checking in.  I did W1D2 this morning.  I took my dog, Charlie with me.  About the 3rd time I started jogging he decided he was not going to pick up the pace.  I encouraged him and we made it through that segment, then-------------he saw one of his friends ahead and he started moving fast and I found myself pulling back.  It was really kind of funny.  I had thought maybe I was pushing him a little too much but after I saw his change of motivation he lost the battle and I won.  LOL   It made me think of how with the right motivation we can do anything!!

I have been reading all the new commers introductions and welcome.  We are all here for different reasons but for the same too.  We want to make a change in our lives--we are all striving for improvement.  We are all committing ourselves to accomplish something big.  And most important we all need each others support.

I came home tired, the bottoms of my feet burned but I DID IT!!  And I am going to do it again on Wednesday, then on Friday.  Then start again on Monday.  I am going to do M W F becasue weekends are hard.  My husband is home and we are busy together.  I wish I could have him doing this with me; he needs it too but I figure if I do it and he see the change in me maybe that difference will give him the want.

Than is what I see when I read the different comments.  All of you have the "WANT" and are going to make it happen.  Have a great day!  You can do it!

• jmcd630 Amateur 18 posts since
    Jun 19, 2011
    40. Jun 20, 2011 9:24 AM (in response to SingingPilgrim)

@SingingPilgrim and HighCaliber - thanks for the kind words.  I am hoping in October I can say I am cancer free again... should be my last scan, then I can go every 5 years.  The toughest part of thyroid cancer is getting the meds right so I feel like I can get off the couch!  

@ amjo2 - I don't live far from Bellevue,  We are in Pennfield Twp.  I actually drive through Bellevue regularly to get to I-69... small world!

I begin w2w1 this week.  I am a little nervous about 90 second running... we shall see!  

Jun 16, 2011
    41. Jun 20, 2011 9:33 AM (in response to jmcd630)

mcd630--I have a friend who has thyroid problems and she struggles with energy and some of her meds have caused her to gain weight.  My heart goes out to her and you.  I say, "Go girl."  YOU CAN DO IT!  It is when we fight through those doubts that we win.

• iwannabeefit Rookie 1 posts since
    Jun 20, 2011
    42. Jun 20, 2011 9:45 AM (in response to pnklzzy)

I'm in - I think!!  Intriguing and terrifying at the same time.  Going to commit!!!  

Jun 16, 2011
    43. Jun 20, 2011 9:54 AM (in response to iwannabeefit)

You just committed!  And more than that you can do it.  Read all the post from this group and you will see that we are all scared and afraid that that maybe we can't do it but we are all motivated and here to help each other.  Just set the time to begin and then DO IT.

I was going to use my ipod this morning as I had down loaded several podcast. It was dead.   My first thought was---oh I can't go out today--tomorrow ---------so I grapped my hand timer and out the door I went.  It worked great.

• WellHello Rookie 6 posts since
    Jun 20, 2011
    44. Jun 20, 2011 11:47 AM (in response to SingingPilgrim)

Hi. I think I'm in.

My name is Danielle and I'm from San Luis Obispo, California. I'm 22 and about 30 lbs overweight. As a nutrition student I know how to eat but have always been bad with portion sizes and dessert temptations. I have never been into exercise but I tried to start the C25K program a couple months ago. School got in the way and I stopped running, but now that its summer I might actually have a chance! The Central Coast Cancer Challenge is on August 7th and its my goal to run that with my always active sister.

Here's to a challenging summer!

1 2 3 4 5 ... 33 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...