Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

58440 Views 481 Replies Latest reply: Oct 12, 2011 12:37 AM by SingingPilgrim RSS Go to original post 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 Previous Next
  • dreamcatcher5 Amateur 24 posts since
    Jun 16, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    480. Aug 26, 2011 9:11 AM (in response to SingingPilgrim)
    Re: Starting Couch to 5K week of June 20th!

Vegas again.

Today I did not know where to do after the big mistake I did on Wednesday.  I felt I had done W5D1  and I had did more than 2 8 minute run, but I decided to do Week5D2 and see what happened.  I also wanted to see how fast I jog.  I started into my jog at a half mile mark.  When I hit the half mile I was at 6 minutes and 30 seconds.  I not sure what that means but at least I have a bench mark for another time when I am trying to work on speed--which I am not right now.  After 8 minutes I was so glad to walk.  I walked 4 min. and then jogged another 8.  There was very little shade and it was hot.  I started later than usual so I told myself I had finished the day and it was ok to quit. But I kept jogging for 3 reasons:  I saw some shade ahead, I was jogging down hill and I was headed home.  I jogged for 2 more minutes.

On Monday I am to jog for 20 minutes straight.  Wow!  I hope I am ready for that.   I am glad I have a 2 day recovery and  I am going to get out much earlier so it is cooler.

1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...