Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

9930 Views 30 Replies Latest reply: Oct 13, 2011 10:14 AM by luv2bhealthy RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 Previous Next
  • luv2bhealthy Amateur 18 posts since
    Mar 13, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    30. Oct 13, 2011 10:14 AM (in response to Kegan36604)
    Losing the running mojo. Need it back.

This was a great post.  I am 51 and run but I don't consider myself a true runner because I don't love it like so many do.  I started running about 7 years ago as a challenge and to enhance my martial arts training.  I trained and ran my various races.  Still cannot wrap my mind around marathons, but 5 & 10k are fine.  My running is very sporatic.  I do so much other exercise that it was easy to be sporatic with running.  My last race was in May 2011 then it turned so hot where I live that I just couldn't bring myself to run in 100+ weather.  But once the temperatures started to drop, all of a sudden, I wanted to run.  A local race was coming up so I started to train.  I ran it and have signed up for a couple more.  I envy those who love running.  It doesn't come easy for me so I lose the "mojo" often, but I always come back to it.  Glad you found your way back.

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...