Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

435 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Jun 29, 2011 7:59 AM by atty6247
atty6247 Amateur 13 posts since
Jun 8, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 29, 2011 7:59 AM

Yoga Suggestions, Please

I am very new to running and had to take a break about 2 weeks into the C25K program because of shin splints.  They are slowly healing, but they made me realize my stretching is probably not what it should be.  I have seen a lot of articles about the benefits of yoga for running, so I think I may give that a try.  I am out of shape and not very flexible, so yoga is probably a good activity for me to get into, even without the running aspect.  I would much prefer to participate in a live class, but I live in a small town with a branch of the Y, but its class schedule does not coordinate well with my work schedule.  I am looking for suggestions about what yoga dvds would be best to help me be able to finally realize my goal of running a 5K.  Any input will be greatly appreciated!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...